Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Contina Matic II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Contina Matic II Reply with quote

A few months ago I picked up a Zeiss Ikon Contina Matic on eBay for a few bucks. Literally, it was less than $3. The seller stated it was unusable and did not work. Well, it must have gotten banged around in shipping because it works almost flawlessly. The shutter doesn't close on the 1/2 and full second settings after the timer expires. Also, the first two frames did not fully advance. Everything else functions properly, including the light meter. And it had the original case. One I get some photos of the camera, I'll upload them to the equipment gallery, but for now I'll just share a few photos I took with it this past Wednesday.

Christmas lights on a palm with AT&T Park silhouetted in the background.

Kayaks.

The sculpture Sea Change 2 with AT&T Park in the background.

In short, a great camera and a bargain. With luck I may one day find the telephoto or wide-angle attachments. I doubt I'll ever see a stereo view attachment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sweet find! these middle aged cameras work great but they require some knowledge and intelligence to operate. As we know the camera makers want to engineer knowledge and intelligence out so as to have as many potential customers as possible.