Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss IKOFLEX TLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Zeiss IKOFLEX TLR Reply with quote

I couldn't resist I bought one, with Opton-Tessar lens compur rapid shutter.

Any experience , opinion ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one too with exactly the same lens. It was jammed and now it's serviced and works ok.
I need to develop the film i made with it.
Nice camera a little bit heavy. Good freschnell ground glass.
Just don't touch the mirror no matter how dusty it seems - The silver coating just wipes very fast.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very good cameras.
Focus is typically smooth.
Ground-glass is just plain somewhat-dim matte. The big magnifier helps focusing on that.
Shutter is one of the best. Very reliable, accurate design. They can run dry (without lubrication) very well.
Lens is a Tesser of high standard. Can't go wrong there. Coating is fantastic if it hasn't been damaged.
It should have double exposure prevention. It'll lock you out if you try to shoot on the same frame.
Has exposure counter.
Felt seals are often still intact so you won't have to deal with light-leaks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for good advices!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mine exactly.
http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/ikoflex2a/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did shoot a roll slide film, honestly I like better than Rolleiflex ( I did try Rolleiflex T,F etc).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome camera and the Opton Tessar lens is really nice.