Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Your form of Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar Series I 105mm f2.5 Macro.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chong66 wrote:
Vivitar Series I 105mm f2.5 Macro.....

And proper lighting Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend I was fortunate enough to use my friends Makro-Planar 100/2.8 and I must say it was pure joy to use. I managed to get a few good shots out of the deal too Smile

Hand held 1/40 @ 2.8

Hand held 1/125 @ 2.8

I didn't nail focus perfectly but I love this lens so much that I thought I should share these anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my lens and yea, we had a great day in Bear Creek.

100mm Makro-Planar f2.8 +1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

At the moment i prefer macro bellows in combination with 100/135mm lenses. My favorite here is the Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 100mm/2.8.

greeting Pascal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with djmike. I've had better success with my Flek 35mm f/2.4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Flek too (photo 1). Otherwise i use Nikon P80 max. zoom combined with different enlarging lenses like Schneider f=150mm or more (hornet's eye on the photo 2) for instance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Pancolart: Wow I love that first one!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's Nate. 2.4/35mm Flektogon as mentioned. I had to come very close though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple from my second try with a Panagor 90mm in FD mount with non-glass converter ring to Nikon F mount. Next weekend, I'll get out the tripod and try something seriously. Coin is Millard Fillmore $1 coin.

I just won a Goodwill auction on a Canon FTB w/50mm f1.4, so I'll try an actual roll of film with the Panagor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a good tube, it turns any lens into a decent macro lens on the cheap. I also like to use a focusing rail, I find that when i dont have one my macro images suffer quite a bit.

No rail, no tube, just a 55mm macro Fujinon on a small flimsy tripod. The clarity truly suffers here. I wish the lighting was better, it may have helped.

I used a tube on a 55mm f/2 mamiya for this shot.

Same mamiya set-up for this shot.

Just the 55mm Fujinon macro for this shot.

Same here

and here, this one has been around the forum before

This is the Fujinon once again on a rail, different subject. I tried cloning some dust out of this shot and smeared the pic a bit. Shocked Very Happy

Fujinon on a rail, just messing around a bit here. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Canon 200mm f4 macro Reply with quote

Shot with my just added to the collection Canon 200mm f4 macro lens.

I like this one. Gives a nice working distance while shooting macro.

http://flickriver.com/photos/elchivato/popular-interesting/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 200mm f4 macro Reply with quote

JerryMK wrote:

I love it. What is the working distance with a lens like that?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this ia a sweet thread of inspiration ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple shots I took the other day with the CZ Makro-Planar 100/2.8 @ 2.8. I love this lens! Also one that was taken with the CZ Vario-Sonnar 35-70/3.5 @ 3.5 in Macro mode.

The colors in this are so soothing and natural. This is a Joshua Tree spike.

This one came out very sharp. This is a tiny little flower called a Sand Blossom, it blooms for a short period of time in the desert in the early spring.

This flower is called a Chia. You can see a microscopic red little bug in there. It ran away deep into the flower after I got this pic w/o enough time to bust on the Makro-Planar and get really close to it Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 200mm f4 macro Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:
JerryMK wrote:

It is about 50cm you can read more about this lens at : http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/fdmacro/200macro.htm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 200mm f4 macro Reply with quote

JerryMK wrote:
natebarnz wrote:
JerryMK wrote:

It is about 50cm you can read more about this lens at : http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/fdmacro/200macro.htm

Thanks for the info. What body are you using? I'm wondering about your FD conversion if there is any.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 200mm f4 macro Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:
JerryMK wrote:
natebarnz wrote:
JerryMK wrote:

Thanks for the info. What body are you using? I'm wondering about your FD conversion if there is any.

I am working with a Micro43 Panasonic G1 body. I use FD lenses with an FD adapter. Quite easy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 200mm f4 macro Reply with quote

JerryMK wrote:
natebarnz wrote:
JerryMK wrote:
natebarnz wrote:
JerryMK wrote:

I am working with a Micro43 Panasonic G1 body. I use FD lenses with an FD adapter. Quite easy.

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Industar-61 2.8/50mm is a decent macro lens. Smile

Else, I tried a flektogon 4/20mm and its minimum focusing distance of 15cm, just for fun... but it's not made for that.