Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon dx 50mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Yashinon dx 50mm f1.4 Reply with quote

any comment with this lens.. someone just offer me.. its good or not? what the best price i can offer him if the lens is in mint condition? thanks...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very good lens, from the renowned Tomioka stable. Knowing what you should pay is much harder to judge, because I don't know the market where you are, and I think I paid less than £20 (GBP) for mine, but I think I got a bargain. I've seen it go for three times that and more.

Be aware that if your intended use is to mount it on a dSLR, it won't mount satisfactorily on a Canon, certainly not the 10D that I have. This isn't a mount problem per se, but the rear of this f/1.4 lens protrudes enough to foul the mirror on my Canon 10D, and other Canon users report the same. I have no problem with my Yashica M42 or CY bodies, however.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely lens, it snags the mirror focussing at infinity on my Pentax K20D.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price tag haven't gone further than 50 euros on ebay, from what I've seen. The lens normally sold with a camera body, mostly yashica's m42 slr's.

Imho 30 euros is the top price for this lens, for more money you can get something else, that wouldn't cause you any mirror problems on dslr's.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info..alrdy got it for usd50..i ll upload pic soon..