Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon DS 1.7/50 and...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Yashinon DS 1.7/50 and... Reply with quote

Couldn't resist - gues the lens Smile made with the Yashi DS 1.7/50 (@ f1:1.7) in m42 mount.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy .. Carl Zeiss Jena Olympic Sonnar II version post war lens 180mm f2.8 congrats for this rare one.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/sonnar/olypic_sonnar180mm/carl_zeiss_olympic_sonnar-180mm_f2_8-024.jpg.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile it's an appealing piece of craftmaship - in my opinion the best looking lens (early Biotar 1.5/75 close behind) ..just bought Vario-Sonnar 4/80-200 maybe i can post some direct comparison later, also with a SMC Tak 4/200

Attila wrote:
Easy .. Carl Zeiss Jena Olympic Sonnar II version post war lens 180mm f2.8 congrats for this rare one.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/sonnar/olypic_sonnar180mm/carl_zeiss_olympic_sonnar-180mm_f2_8-024.jpg.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe all old gears are amazing craftsman ship and we are in a lucky period really we can hold many of them and enjoy their beauty and IQ. Certainly new comer always a bit more beauty than older ones. I look forward your report!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly... Hope someone will come with the idea to make a digital sensor film spool Smile btw. just looking at a bill from 1989 for a Flektogon 2.8/20 MC, it did cost 3215,00 Czechoslovak Koruna, which was a 3 month average sellary by then

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darmodej wrote:
Exactly... Hope someone will come with the idea to make a digital sensor film spool Smile btw. just looking at a bill from 1989 for a Flektogon 2.8/20 MC, it did cost 3215,00 Czechoslovak Koruna, which was a 3 month average sellary by then

Yes I remember around those years I bought my Pentacon Six used and later I replaced to a Praktica MTL5B due I was amazed by slides. I did earn pretty good money that time in Nuclear Power Plant and I remember they wasn't cheap even to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
darmodej wrote:

Yes I remember around those years I bought my Pentacon Six used and later I replaced to a Praktica MTL5B due I was amazed by slides. I did earn pretty good money that time in Nuclear Power Plant and I remember they wasn't cheap even to me.

You went from a P6 to an MTL5b and considered it an upgrade? Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Attila wrote:
darmodej wrote:

You went from a P6 to an MTL5b and considered it an upgrade? Shocked

Yes Laughing I did bored about B&W that time 6x6 color film or slide was un affordable to me. I did develop myself 35mm slide and I was very happy Wink