Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 GSN Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 GSN Review Reply with quote

Take a look. Quite funny to see a film camera review today.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/yashica/electro-35.htm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmh, I predict a bidding frenzy on Yashica GSNs after that Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there a few different varieties of similar cameras?
I have a Vivitar 35ES which is the same sort of body with full size brightline viewfinder and rangfinder. It is Shutter priority speeds 1/8-1/500 + B, the lens is a 40mm f1.7 focusing from 3 foot with a nice finger grip for fast focus. The camera also has a hotshoe.
Results from the camera were always excellent. I'm afraid the light seals are now rotton and falling apart (Nasty black gunge) But I wouldn't be interested in using it again, It looks good on the shelf.

Could this be a later Yashica?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
I believe there a few different varieties of similar cameras?
I have a Vivitar 35ES which is the same sort of body with full size brightline viewfinder and rangfinder. ...Could this be a later Yashica?

The Viviitar, albeit very similar to the Yashica, was based on the Minolta Himatic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info Jieffe
I just Googled it
'A clone of the Minolta Hi Matic 7sii.'
It certainly has a great lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
'A clone of the Minolta Hi Matic 7sii.'
It certainly has a great lens.

I have a HiMatic 9 but haven't tested it yet ... I renewed the light seals and it is now in the queue for testing Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: I have one! Reply with quote

I have one of these beats and it is great! I got it for peanuts off a well known auction site some while ago, and even the seals had not perished!

They make a great camera for family days out when you want to capture the moment, rather than spend hours waiting for the 'right' light for that next spectacular macro shot with your Pentax K1278D !!! lol