Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XR Rikenon 50/1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: XR Rikenon 50/1.2 Reply with quote

Just wondering is anyone knows anything about these. Googling reveals only the odd reference to it, with most other references being to the 1.4, 2.0 and Non-XR variants.

I've just picked it up in a PK fit, for a nice price for any 1.2 lens, but would like to know more about it, as I can't test it at the moment, until I can get my mate and his Pentax DSLR over to my place. From the same source as a XR Rikenon 50/1.7 and Super Paragon 24/2.8. The seller sent me a text saying they had found another lens, and given the condition of the others (very very good), I went for a look-see.

Both Rikenon's are Metal Bodied, and I can see the 1.7 is an MC, 6 element, 5 group, and apparently, nice and sharp. Very little information on the 1.2 though.

I was initially more interested in the 24mm thinking I would find "it's a fast, but poor lens" in a goole search.

All info appreciated, My curiosity is now tweaked.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get a pic of the Super Paragon 24? Then we can identify it. I think it's the Cimko made lens that is seen under many names - Clubman, Ensinor, Phase 2, Cobra etc.

It's actually a good lens, very sharp, worth having imho.

Don't know a great deal about the XR Rikenons, pentaxforums is the place to look, I think most XR Rikenons were M Pentaxes rebadged.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll post some pictures later, of all 3.

I now have a CF card that doesn't decide to lose images when it feels like it. I bit the bullet, and got a Sandisk Ultra something or other at Jessops, knowing I wouldn't get a fake, but paying a premium price

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, forget about that. On very close inspection, it appears that the upper dot on the 1:2 is missing... Pity, I got all excited there at owning some very fast glass.

Still, it's meant to be good, and I didn't pay much, so I'm happy.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have there is the Pentax M 2/50 I reckon. It's a really good lens imho, some samples on NEX-3:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible lighting on a long handheld exposure... I'll do some better shots in the week.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score, that Paragon is the Cimko, a good lens, ask Martin Smith about his copy, he showed some really nice vintage car pics he shot with his.