Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Working distance with reflectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Working distance with reflectors Reply with quote

Hi,
I would like to try some shots
1.exposed at direct sun
2. at very bright locations
(going to Greece for vacations).

How close should reflector be (which would be your starting point) to the face to light it up when backlight from sun?
A typical problem I have with reflectors is that I do not understand how much "light" subject needs and pretty much I end by giving red eyes to my subjects :p

any ideas?
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point the reflector at your subject and meter from the face (or whatever the reflector is pointing at). Its that simple. If I was using sunny 16 I'd expose a stop lower than if the sun were behind me, so on a sunny day F11 instead of f16. It may over expose a trifle, buts thats better than under. Depending whether the reflector is silver or white..

I use a silver / white reflector for weddings, the auto exposure on the camera does the job.

You're going to take a reflector on holiday? Brave man!!

I assume you are visiting family.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just returned.. now I have to find time to process negatives... to busy with the baby.. I enjoy it but it consumes film processing time Razz
is there a stroller (push chair for the british) that can be used to develop films?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
just returned.. now I have to find time to process negatives... to busy with the baby.. I enjoy it but it consumes film processing time Razz
is there a stroller (push chair for the british) that can be used to develop films?

Damn, I just threw mine away.