Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Winter Flowers with Industar 61LZ
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Winter Flowers with Industar 61LZ Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! The whites are a tad overexposed, I think, or is that just me? But I like the pic anyway, and it makes me longing for spring even more....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Industar was meant for - like it Very Happy (Flowers look like miniature ironing boards though)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same... flowers Very Happy (I also have the Industar-61 and it's a great macro lens but it came too late to shoot these flowers last year).
surely like many people around here.

Yous pictures make me think I have to go out for a walk and take some shots.

I took my first "MFlense on a Dslr" shots with my old Helios-44M on these flowers. Rendition is very different than yours.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rense, no blinkies in the image, but I have pushed it as far as I could without blowiing out the whites. I favour high key images.

Poolhall, I think this was the Morphy Richards variety. Very Happy

Oliver, I've found the 40D to produce quite vibrant colours. Is that not the case with yours?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Oliver, I've found the 40D to produce quite vibrant colours. Is that not the case with yours?

Oh yes, it's able to.
Here, the flowers were in the shadow and light was poor. I shot in Raw mode and neutral style. When shooting in standard mode, or landscape or portrait, colours are much more vibrant.

A sample :