Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why doesn't a Bronica S2 film back fit on a S2a?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Why doesn't a Bronica S2 film back fit on a S2a? Reply with quote

I just found a Bronica S2 kit with 4 lenses. I tried to mount a S2 back on a S2A and it will not lock on. Does anybody know why?

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be because they went over from mere double exposure locking to double exposure+blank wind-on locking - there was some difference in the transport gearing, but I always thought that caused a compatibility issue the other way around.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long time since I handled one of these . . . and I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I recall having to press the dark-slide into the back in order to get it onto the S2 and lock. Or maybe that was for all of them . . . sorry to be vague Embarassed