Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which lenses do you most regularly use?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Schneider Tele-Xenar 360/5.5
Its my snapshot lens

Haha... Snapshot lens? I would need a chain hoist just to hold that level!
I suspect Luis has the thickest wrists in our group! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
luisalegria wrote:
Schneider Tele-Xenar 360/5.5
Its my snapshot lens

Haha... Snapshot lens? I would need a chain hoist just to hold that level!
I suspect Luis has the thickest wrists in our group! Laughing

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuiko 50mm f1.4 and Zuiko 135mm f2.8 have become parts of my basic kit, one as my standard portrait lens and the other as a fast telephoto.

Of course I always use other lenses for dedicated purposes.

Macro work is done by my Zuiko 50mm f3.5 and Industar-61L/Z as well as my Pentacon 30mm f3.5 (with Olympus close-ups)
For super-telephoto work, Telear-N 200mm f/3.5, Zuiko MC 200mm f/4 and Tair-3S are my favourites.
For street work, Zuiko MC 28mm f2.8 and Industar-69 28mm f2.8.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't pick one, like many others:

As of the last month or so (things change: my mood, zeitgeist of the world, whether my neck hurts...)

In order of use:

On the Canon 40D:

Minolta Rokkor PG 58/1.2: just love the look, plus stopped down to 2.8 or so, it pretty much gives me all the optical quality if needed. But on a crop body, it's equiv. to a 93mm short tele...

Canon EF 35/2 AF tiny, light, excellent optical quality, able to capture my fast moving child, and very handy at some paid gigs for available light shooting

Nikkor N 35/1.4 for when I don't need the AF of the Canon EF 35/2. Just has the classic Nikon feel. This is a great restaurant/bar lens!

Prewar 58/2 Meyer Primoplan
. Love the look, plus it is not threatening when used, and is a conversation-starter. But, again, on a crop body, longish focal length, plus, being uncoated, just plain doesn't work in conditions were there's lotsa light coming at you...

Sigma 10-20 AF I don't do ...telephotos...my copy seems to be quite sharp too.

On the Canon F-1 old:
Canon FD 50/1.4 What can I say? This is just a great lens...I can wait for the bright wonderful future where I can put this on a full frame digicamera...of course, after a while I would just keep using the 1.2 Rokkor above. Which reminds me: I need to finish the roll of Kodachrome in it as it won't be able to be processed after December 30 of this year.

I've found I'm not using my C/Y Zeiss stuff lately...too sharp. I like the pictorial quality of the Rokkor, Primoplan and Nikkor better. This month...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite soviet tanks:

1. Jupiter 85/2 - almost like a standard prime to me Very Happy. I always use it when I don't want a swirly BG (e.g. when I want to use a bokeh filter).

2. Cyclop 85/1.5 - when I want an extremely shallow DOF with lots of swirl.

3. Tair 135/2.8 - when I need a flatter perspective and light swirl (also for bokeh attachments sometimes) Razz.

4. Helios 58/2 - when I'm doing closeup portraits and need clearly visible pearls and swirls in BG.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When leaving the house daily,usually have Canon L lenses in a couple of bags and lens cases...when I have a day or two off on the weekend,I bring various manual focus lenses depending on what I'm shooting and trying to accomplish.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in a kindergarden with my daughter
I switched to the big bag for the laptop
but the CF stay in the reader Embarassed
first time it happen in 3 year Rolling Eyes
so I used my new Nokia
hopefully it is a Zeiss, I will not cry Crying or Very sad

most used lens are 25,35,50,85 and zoom 35-70, 80-200, all T*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly the Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 is on my EOS 5D. Pretty often the Samyang 14mm f/2.8 is in the bag, and at the moment the Meyer Trioplan 100mm f/2.8.
Other equipment vary: Sometimes Canon FD 100mm f/4 macro, Olympus 28mm f/2.8, Porst 135mm f/1.8

And too much lenses that need to be tested...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my small bag I mostly carry Nikon FA with some covered range with Nikkor 24/2.8 Ais or 28/2 Ais then Nikkor 50/2 Ai and either Nikkor 105/2.5 Ais or 135/2.8 q.c.
But I love when I can get only some "ever ready" case with body and attached prime like my Fujica ST801 with Pancolar mc 50/1.8 or Fujinon 55/1.8 ebc (faster metering) ... Pentacon 6TL with Biometar mc 80/2.8 ... or lastly Canon AE-1 with Canon ssc 50/1.4.