Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: What is this? Reply with quote

New here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. On the internal threaded end is m42. The opposite is 52mm i think by a vernier gauge. Heavy bronzed metal. Came with a bunch of m42 lenses.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: What is this? Reply with quote

mark fewtrell wrote:

New here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. On the internal threaded end is m42. The opposite is 52mm i think by a vernier gauge. Heavy bronzed metal. Came with a bunch of m42 lenses.

reposted to show pictres

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess but it looks like a lens extension tube with the male M42 mount missing from the 52mm end. Going by the length of the tube it could be a special tube for converting a 1:2 macro lens to 1:1.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a similar mystery mount thing in a box somewhere, I suspect its a dedicated microscope adapter. It looks very useful, if only I actually knew what it did! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the auto mechanism i.e the rod, running down the middle its highly unlikely to be a microscope adaptor or any kind of adaptor like that. a puzzlment.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: I got more inquisitive. Reply with quote

the bronze sleeve has a step at the 52mm end. The inners can only go in from the opposite end and have no thread.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: An addition. Reply with quote

[/url]

I didnt include this because i thought it just a cap but with the pin maybe not?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: A guess Reply with quote

A macro tube perhaps. 52mm end screws into a stand?