Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is this huge f/1.0 lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject: What is this huge f/1.0 lens? Reply with quote

Hello!
I gotten in my hands some interesting lens, but I can't find any specific information about it; maybe you can help me out?

I belive it's called oгc-70 or oгo-70 (the paint maybe was brushed off)
It's really heavy and really big; 130mm high (without lens hood)
Has a screw mount of about 93mm.
Probably has military use and apparently it lets infrared light through.
I dont know If the front and back element of lens glass should look like that... you cant's see through the lens (maybe it was design only to see infrared? I don't know)
For some reason it has aperture in front of front glass.
When I rotate the focus ring nothing moves - maybe glass inside the lens moves, but I can't see it.

Here is a photo that I took holding a camera and lens in my hands - bright daylight, 30s exposure, ISO 12 800
Maybe it will help...

Can you help me in any way to find any information about it?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's an old russian lens, the letters transliterate to OGS.
the aperture looks retrofitted to me (?)
likely a scientific lens for the nonvisible spectrum (those are quite common, and the speed would be in keeping with that). you might try it with a full spectrum camera. the coating would have been intact, i.e. a mirror-like surface throughout. now it looks in tatters and covered with fungus.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. That is more info to grasp onto.

kathala wrote:

the aperture looks retrofitted to me (?)

I'm curious; why you think it's retrofitted?