Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is the WORST lens you can think of?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall buying a Pentax outfit from a second hand store some time ago and it had a Hanimex zoom, like an 80-200 or a 70-210. I put it on eBay for $20, not expecting any action on it anytime soon. Much to my surprise, it sold almost right away. Just dumb luck or did the buyer know something about that lens maker that I didn't? It was Japanese made, as I recall, and a decent looking lens. But I had no Pentax SLRs at the time so I wasn't even able to give it a visual tryout.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: OK OK My hanimex lemon Reply with quote

28-200mm in PKA mount, korean made written on it, didn't look bad. i remember twiddling the focus in live view trying to find best focus, except it didn't make any difference! It was better at 200mm.

crop:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the Makinon and Korean Hanimex 28s, both are junk.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst lens experience would have to be with an Auto Makinon f3.5-4.5/28-80mm . Apart from really good build quality the lens had nothing going for it. It is very big and uncomfortable to use. The minimal focus distance is ~2.5m, which is really useless. Operating the macro ring and the focus is very awkward. The image quality was also very iffy. Sharpness is relative, contrast was very low and the colors were lame. My copy was mint, so I doubt there was something wrong with it. Anyway, this lens might have been a good, cheap alternative back in the day, but since every single modern kit lens outperforms it, it is completely useless now.