Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is most important..?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Attila wrote:
Look photos of Luiseallegria almost all taken with dirt cheap lenses and he got what a result!

don't forget Laurence, he used everything from p&s to medium format and the result is always the same
as I cannot put a Luis in my bag, I prefer to carry some nice lenses

Certainly with nice lenses even more easier Laurence is absolutely pro that for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going back to subject.

With the mention of Larry and Luis Alegria this is really driven home.
Those guys compose interesting subjects well. Of course they both have technical skill

Today I just got from a member here a Summicron 2/35 when I was home for lunch.
I put it the 5D, stand in my kitchen with the camera to my face, put the camera back down and leave without shooting.

Equipment means nothing without some story to capture with it.

Hand me a Toy film camera with a plastic lens and Kodak 800 consumer film expired 8 years................ Then a Beautiful Girl to photograph with it.

It will be more interesting than.

The New Leica S2 with mega-sensor and Million dollar lens shooting a lamp next to my computer in the living room.
Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
I'm going back to subject.

With the mention of Larry and Luis Alegria this is really driven home.
Those guys compose interesting subjects well. Of course they both have technical skill

Today I just got from a member here a Summicron 2/35 when I was home for lunch.
I put it the 5D, stand in my kitchen with the camera to my face, put the camera back down and leave without shooting.

Equipment means nothing without some story to capture with it.

Hand me a Toy film camera with a plastic lens and Kodak 800 consumer film expired 8 years................ Then a Beautiful Girl to photograph with it.

It will be more interesting than.

The New Leica S2 with mega-sensor and Million dollar lens shooting a lamp next to my computer in the living room.
Laughing

Exactly!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshine wrote:
Equipment means nothing without some story to capture with it

everybody here get equipment because we already had something to capture
some capture dogs or cats, most capture their daughter
finding something that can interest others may be difficult
but the only thing that really matter is the satisfaction we can get shooting a lamp with a million dollar lens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original Post question
Quote:
Shooting analog using 135mm film what is most important for picture quality?

Touche Poilu
Maybe our idea of "picture quality" might be different.................but I doubt it Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:

We almost never tack about how a camera (film) influent IQ.

Although the camera doesn't really affect IQ per se, it cam have dramatic on the final product. One of the ways a camera can influence IQ is in the fact that cameras with higher sync speeds allow one to completely negate ambient light when using flash coupled with the higher sync speeds, thus blacking out distracting backgrounds & isolating the subject (thus a perceived IQ effect)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me,
I want to learn the camera and techniques so I can capture what I see,The things that leave me awestruck..sunrise/sunset the intense colour, the fold in the mountain,the shades of the trees on a hill in the late afternoon sun,the depth the beauty and strength of the landscape.For portraits of family it would be to preserve memory,character.
A camera is the means to an end......It's learning how to use it to put on film/on record what you have in your heart or an idea in your mind.

To romanticized Question

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To romanticized Question

Nope, Perfect! Very Happy