Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What... did... I.... do...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: What... did... I.... do... Reply with quote

I may have gotten carried away. I just ordered the Pentax FA Limited 31mm 1:1.8. Photos when it arrives.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fine optic. One of the best I've used personally for detail at infinity. Versatile with it's wide aperture and comfortable focal length, plus a solid build. Only gripes for me are any lens with a manual focus with the AF gear feel to it and the built in hood not being the best choice in some circumstances. I'm sure you will be happy with the purchase, and it's easy to resell being in demand if you are not.

K.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you fulfilled yourself a dream!
congrats, wish you much joy with one of the famed, 'the' most famed Limited from Pentax?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congratulations!

If I was a real Pentax user (my K100D is rather for fun) that would be one lens on the very top of my wish list!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: What... did... I.... do... Reply with quote

David wrote:
I may have gotten carried away. I just ordered the Pentax FA Limited 31mm 1:1.8. Photos when it arrives.

This is a really nice lens and I miss it for performance and size. I owned 3 copies at different times and found a bit of variation particularly close-up wide open. The best copy was actually Assembled in Vietnam - go figure!

Once I compared it with the much loved Voigtlander 35/1.2 in M-mount, both on a Sony NEX. Surprisingly the Pentax seemed to come out on top though there may have been a slight focusing error, but at the very least it held its own.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/179589-31ltd-versus-voigtlander-nokton-35mm-f1-2-version-1-a.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats David,
Nice work Daniel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually really excited now. It's just that this lens was as expensive as my K-7. Previously, I'd never paid more than $130 for a lens, so this was a big step. It arrives in a week and, since I'm walking again, I'll be testing it out in a week.

That's a really good comparison, BTW, Daniel. It's interesting to see how well Pentax optics perform against some of the most coveted glass our there.

Someday, when Pentax has a full frame DSLR (I keep hoping!), this will be a fantastic part of that system.