Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What are the biggest bargains you have LOST?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a Nikkor 135mm Pre Ai in good shape from a guy in poland for like....... little more than 20€ on ebay (auction starting from 0.99 no reserve)

he refused to ship the item cuz wasn't his property and the original owner wasnt happy with the ending price....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruzzo wrote:
I have lost quite some bargain deals but on top of my head those were not the ones I forgot the auction time but because it doesn't ship to my country, mostly only to US.

On top of my head I've seen a Nikon 20/2.8 sold for $20 but I can't bid on it because seller only ships to US and most parts of Europe.
Another one is a Konica Autoreflex + Konica Hexanon 50/1.4 with case for 19.99 but only ships to US.

Hey Bruzzo, for your future reference, to get around the shipping restrictions that many US sellers have, get to know one of us who live in the US and arrange to have that person bid on the item for you. If you have a Paypal account, it becomes quite easy to handle payments for the items. I've done this service for Calvin, a member here who lives in Hong Kong, a number of times. And I know others who live in the US have done likewise for other non-US members here.

DahakaNishoba wrote:
Won a Nikkor 135mm Pre Ai in good shape from a guy in poland for like....... little more than 20€ on ebay (auction starting from 0.99 no reserve)

he refused to ship the item cuz wasn't his property and the original owner wasnt happy with the ending price....

I hope you turned him in to eBay for those antics. You know, this reminded me of an auction I won a couple of years ago. I was the successful, actually the only bidder on a Vivitar S1 28-105 for Nikon. The winning bid was, like $20. I paid for the item and waited. And waited. Finally I get a terse note from the seller stating that the item "had a problem" and the seller didn't want to sell the lens since it had a problem. She refunded my money. I wrote back, saying it was ok, I didn't mind that it had a problem, just ship the lens. No response. Pissed me off, but I didn't do anything about it. I have always suspected that the seller was unhappy with the selling price and just decided not to ship it to me. I can just imagine this dialog:

Friend: You sold it for HOW MUCH? Hell, I'll give you TWICE that for it!
Seller: Sold. Here ya go, where's my 40 bucks?
Friend: (Hands over the cash) Cool!

Last edited by cooltouch on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some weeks ago, I lost a good Helios 40, great shape, for 250 euros... it was in my usual shop, but didn't have the money... I checked everyday to see if it was still here, still was here... but the day I came with money in my pocket, it was not here anymore . Damn you, buyer! Mad

I think that's not possible to find such price on the bay now Confused

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a coach trip to Llandudno this morning we passed a chapel that was having a car boot sale at the side of the road.

I was sat about 4 metres (on the bus) from a stall that had a couple of old cameras. I watched a man pick one up and look at me through the viewfinder. I'm sure it was a Leica - well the Russians dont have that round speed dial on the front (do they?). He put it down and walked on. The lights turned green and we carried on.

Gutted.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoca sv with zunow lens, passed it up for £25, got home and read up about it but was gone by the time I got back to the market......was a very sad day.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
On a coach trip to Llandudno this morning we passed a chapel that was having a car boot sale at the side of the road.

I was sat about 4 metres (on the bus) from a stall that had a couple of old cameras. I watched a man pick one up and look at me through the viewfinder. I'm sure it was a Leica - well the Russians dont have that round speed dial on the front (do they?). He put it down and walked on. The lights turned green and we carried on.

Gutted.

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last incident was I picked up a Konica 57mm f1.4 lens for only 10 bucks in near mint condition but in my
rush to buy it, I forgot to check the aperture. Sure enough,when I got it home, it had sticky blades and can only
be used wide open until its repaired.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
My last incident was I picked up a Konica 57mm f1.4 lens for only 10 bucks in near mint condition but in my
rush to buy it, I forgot to check the aperture. Sure enough,when I got it home, it had sticky blades and can only

Why's that a problem? I thought it was the fashion to shoot wide open?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
hifisapi wrote:

Why's that a problem? I thought it was the fashion to shoot wide open?

Actually, I don't have a suitable camera to try it with, if I did, wide open would be fun I guess.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in one week only

-200e for contax primes :
35mm, 50mm and 85mm all in f1.4

-50e for contax 50mm 1.4

-100e for a kit olympus with 50mm 1.2 and 24mm

damn !

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave away 60cm telescope mirror to guy who used it as water heater and broke it shortly Sad

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Minolta 250 f5.6 mirror (among other "crap") - 100€
-Minolta 250 f5.6 mirror (among other "crap") - 80€
-UC Hexanon 28 f1.8 - 70€ (long ago, but still hurts)
-Hexanon 57 f1.2 - 130€

And many more...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot an Olympus camera including a 16mm fish-eye for 70€.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't look at it this way. A bargain is never a bargain until you have the lens in hand.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
I don't look at it this way. A bargain is never a bargain until you have the lens in hand.

+1.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus Pen-F camera with the 38mm, 60mm and the 25mm for 300 euros. A classified, but when I called the guy said "sorry I just sold it to the guy who called before you, two minutes ago".

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:

It's still a bargain - only someone elses!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Gardener wrote:

It's still a bargain - only someone elses!

What I meant was a bargain is never a bargain until you have a chance to evaluate lens' condition.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billou wrote:
Olympus Pen-F camera with the 38mm, 60mm and the 25mm for 300 euros. A classified, but when I called the guy said "sorry I just sold it to the guy who called before you, two minutes ago".

ouch!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l missed a Zeiss Biotar 75mm f/1.5 (M42, mint condition) a few months ago, the guy sold it for 30€...
He still had a Helios 40-2 (85mm f/1.5, M42, also mint condition) for me (20€) so I wasn't too sad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just lost a Pentax-F 135mm f/2.8 for 65€* by a couple of minutes...

*worth ~300€

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lost a vivitar s1 300mm f3 ..it had only been on the bay by minutes and i asked what he wanted for it with a buy it now .he say £15 inc del .. i say YES so he set it up on a buy it now...........but some one else see the buy it now within seconds and buy it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many.
Recently: Minolta AF mirror tele (yes that one and I've been in the lookout for it). Local ad by it now price at 80 euros range at a location close enough to pick it up. Nine minutes late...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest miss:
http://olx.hu/hirdetes/carl-zeiss-jena-uv-objektiv-4-60-m42-ID2IgHJ.html
25000 hungarian forint is about 110$ Crying or Very sad

It think this is the same piece: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Zeiss-Jena-QUARTZ-LENS-4-60-UV-Objektiv-Ultra-Violet-M42-Extremely-Rare-/181578400532?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2a46ea8314

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the biggest bargains you have LOST? Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Well, frustrations apart, I guess this thread makes as much sense as it's bigger brother!

I'll start then.

This week I lost on eBay a boxed M42 (never seen a minter piece) Sonnar that I was going to get for £15 (+ shipping), why you ask? Because the seller did not set the shipping value for my country and I could not activate the 'Buy Now'.. a minutes later a lucky bastard took it..

Crying or Very sad

Kind of same story with me. It was Tomioka 55/1.2 lens for just $200, I was on the mobile phone and there was suddenly no "buy" button, and there were only 30 seconds left. I could do it from a PC no matter what country, but on a phone it was total disaster.