Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What Are the Best and Worst of Vivitar and Series 1 Lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
Lovely set from a fun lens. I always found the handling a little odd, but it never failed to deliver nice shots. What are your thoughts on the handling?

Well, I find the handling quite OK, since I prefer zoom lenses with separate commands for focus and focal length variation for the kind of pictures I'm using the lens for (mainly close-up and near macro in the wild). Nethertheless, the length and the weight of the S1 90-180 mm force me to use it mostly with a monopod and the IBIS of my A7 II since movement blur is very quick to creep into the pictures. For landscapes, I prefer either fixed focal length tele lenses or tele zoom lenses with better aberration correction near infinity. But even then, the 90-180 mm is far from bad once stopped down a little bit (f/8 or, better, f/11).