Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what 50mm and 35mm?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruber wrote:
@Arninetyes: np for me for a good 1.8 I think I could start with it and have more time to get a personal taste.

What do you mean for "cheap"? Could you give me a target? Looking for the makes you kindly suggest I can find a 50-250€ range Smile

Thank you Wink

You should be able to get a decent Nikon Series E 50/1.8 for under 40€; if you look around, maybe much less.
A Nikkor 50/1.8 Ai or Ais will probably cost 50 to 100% more.

28s
The only decently performing, reasonably priced Nikkor 28 is the 28/3.5 Ai or Ais. They are sharp and perform well. You should be able to find one for under 100€

The two "better" 28s also cost much, much more. The 28/2.8 Ais (0.2m close focus), which is the best Nikon 28 for shooting close-up, but it's not as good at distance. My favorite is the 28/2 Ai, a wonderful, all around useful lens. It's not quite as good close up as the 28/2.8 Ais, but it seems better otherwise. A Nikkor 28/2 Ai lives on my DSLR (a D700). Any other lens I bring supplements the 28/2.

However, the Nikkor 28/2.8 Ai (0.3m close focus) and the Nikon Series E 28/2.8 are both cheap, but they're not very impressive. The 28/3.5 is much better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Wink