Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weiton F35 1:2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Weiton F35 1:2 Reply with quote

Hi dear Friends
I am Morteza Herati , Afghan Street Photographer.
Amazing forum for discuss about manual lens , I love manual lens Smile)))
this is my first post

I want to buy this Weiton 35 F2 and Avanar 135 F2.8 , if anyone have experience or see any information in web ( I cant find)
sorry if the pic size is huge ( i cant find the way to resize or upload in the forum)

http://upload.tehran98.com/img1/r7p9gp57xpk9p46gzvke.jpg

Last edited by Morteza Herati on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Weiton F35 1.2 Reply with quote

in first post of the new member photos are not shown. from now on they will be visible

resize the photos on your computer before uploading (try free Irfanview or some other program)

Morteza Herati wrote:
Hi dear Friends
I am Morteza Herati , Afghan Street Photographer.
Amazing forum for discuss about manual lens , I love manual lens Smile)))
this is my first post

I want to buy this Weiton 35 F2 and Avanar 135 F2.8 , if anyone have experience or see any information in web ( I cant find)
sorry if the pic size is huge ( i cant find the way to resize or upload in the forum)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WEP Weiton 2/35 is made by Kiron, it is a good lens, a bit soft at f2 but very sharp at f4, f5.6, f8. One thing to check is the function of the aperture. Kiron used a type of lubricant that becomes quite liquid over time and can cause the aperture blades to stick at the wide open position.

The 135mm looks the same as the Chinon branded version and should also be a good lens, it is quite hard to find a bad 135mm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

These lenses are in minolta mount , and I want to use on Eos body , Is there any convertor available in market for EOS !??
does the convertor have optic ?? or without optic

best regard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no adapters for EOS without a glass element I'm afraid. It might be better to sell them and find copies in Olympus, Nikon, Pentax, Yashica/Contax or M42 mount.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to do a mount swap you will have better results looking for lenses with mounts that have a larger registration depth than EOS, like: Nikkor, OM, M42, PK, etc...
Good luck.