Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

walk in the woods with crap lens or photographer or both!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I have an adapter for Minolta MD to MinAF. It makes all my Rokkor lenses to softfocus version; the effect is different per lens, but for all counts that the IQ is seriously degraded. Wit a glassless adapter they are great (but only nearby and macro ofcourse.
I have seen good results from other users of an adapter with glass, so I think you need some luck in getting a good one.

I think the consensus is its the adapter. What would happen if you took the glass out of the adapter?

As a side issue, just got a sears 135mm lens today, its a minolta fit so i was wondering if you have any experience with it minolfan? I am going to try it out with my xd7 but it will be a week or 2 before i get the film developed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take the glass out you have a short extrnsion ring. No damage for IQ but only nearby and macro, depending of the focal length and the MFD of the lens and the thickness of the dapter.
For 135mm I have focusing range 90 - 200cm;
For 35mm only 19 - 25cm.

The only 135mm I have that might be sold as a Sears too is a fine, sturdy Rikenon 135mm 2.8 in M42; that works OK with a M42-MinAF adapter ofcourse!