Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer Vito B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Voigtländer Vito B Reply with quote

I just posted on my blog (http://en.foodografia.com/2010/04/voigtlander-vito-b.html) a short review with some samples about this nice little camera.

What really impressed me was the sharpness of the Color-skopar 50/3.5 lens, despite I used a cheap, grainy film as the Fujicolor 200.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice indeed! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result, Alessandro. I love the Vespa one. Mike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, and yes these are such desirable little bricks... I have two, different model (with a meter and rf) neither of which works.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two of them (same model, no meter or RF). They work excellent, but only with a film in it. Because otherwise the shutter wil not get any tension. May be that is the first to check, when you think the little thing doesn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can turn the sprocket wheel by hand with the back opened to charge the shutter... I did get one of them to work, got 2 pictures before it locked up, no budging. But I got my first double exposures via 2 different cameras when I put the film in a Yashica T4 Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the days when I was junior assistant in a camera shop, I recall being told never to try cocking the shutter in Vito models by rolling the sprocket wheel - I don't recall ever being told why not to do that, but it was indeed a firmly given warning. Just sharing an old memory, that's all Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vito B is -- like most old Voigtlanders -- a great camera, especially given its tiny size. I have two, the older one like yours with the smaller top and viewfinder, and the newer (and rarer) model with a taller top to accommodate the huge 1:1 viewfinder with framelines. The fact that they can be usually picked up for 10-20 euros does not hurt too... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Color-Skopar lens seems to always be a GREAT performer. Nice work!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these cameras but have never owned one. This looks like the inspiration I need to go on the hunt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Voigtländer Vito B Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
I just posted on my blog (http://en.foodografia.com/2010/04/voigtlander-vito-b.html) a short review with some samples about this nice little camera.

What really impressed me was the sharpness of the Color-skopar 50/3.5 lens, despite I used a cheap, grainy film as the Fujicolor 200.

Hi Alessandro !

Very nice pic.

The skopar 3,5/50 is more sharp (by far) than the 2,8 one. Perhaps the 2,8 had different coated (cream colors) and the 3,5 is more "hard". I like the 3,5 very much and you have a nice one.

Congratulations !!

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
The Color-Skopar lens seems to always be a GREAT performer. Nice work!

Hi Laurence.

The skopar 2,8 for RF cams have focus turning the front element only, changing the focal lenght of the lens, the SRL skopars not, they are animals of differets species. Both have different colors rendering and sharpness.

In RF I like very much the 3,5 skopar, it's older than the 2,8 but has better rendering to my taste.

My best regards, Rino.