Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Vito B Viewfinder camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Voigtlander Vito B Viewfinder camera Reply with quote

The seller for this camera on Ebay said the shutter did not work. The thing is a Vito B must have film in it for the shutter to cock. Soooooo I got it cheap and yes the shutter does work. Almost pristine condition and the case as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice compact and sturdy feeling camera. And great to see. I like it.
Most of them survived the time goodlooking.
I have puzzled myself some time before I discovered te secret of the need to have a film in it!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a sprocket on the film chamber that the film holes go into? I have some compact which you can test the shutter by turning it with a thumb.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great little camera - a jewel, in fact. Rather unusual to see one with the Pronto shutter as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I have puzzled myself some time before I discovered te secret of the need to have a film in it!

There are many out there for sale that the seller doesn't know this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Is there a sprocket on the film chamber that the film holes go into? I have some compact which you can test the shutter by turning it with a thumb.

And so it is with this one. The timer lever was stuck in the ready position too so until you cocked the shutter pressed the shutter release and helped the timer lever to return to the off position it wasn't going to work. I added a little lighter fluid to the timer lever slot and then moved it to the ready position and fired the shutter release several times to free it up. Works great now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
It's a great little camera - a jewel, in fact. Rather unusual to see one with the Pronto shutter as well.

That is the earliest version with the smaller viewfinder window as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Minolfan wrote:

There are many out there for sale that the seller doesn't know this.
About 30 years ago, my Mum bought one that 'did not work', to give to me, for 50 pence she said, at a jumble sale. Excellent camera Smile .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality comes in small inexpensive packages sometimes. Doesn't it? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Quality comes in small inexpensive packages sometimes. Doesn't it? Laughing
Yes, and it's nice if it comes as a surprise or getting one that came 'under the radar' Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one!
I started (after a summer with Dad's old Dacora) regular photographing with old Vito cameras in different versions. Long, long time ago.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Nice one!
I started (after a summer with Dad's old Dacora) regular photographing with old Vito cameras in different versions. Long, long time ago.

Klaus

Folders or solid front?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Front cameras.
Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Solid Front cameras.
Klaus

You should get and use one for old times sake. They are still as good as they were then.