Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 125mm Macro f/2.5 APO-Lanthar on my sony A7R II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 125mm Macro f/2.5 APO-Lanthar on my sony A7R II Reply with quote

I purchased one of these lens. I have been intrigued sense I saw photos posted here. I wanted to try it for shooting coins. I find photographing coins is a real challenge. lighting is about the most difficult. but if one works at the lighting and learns what works and what don't it will come. the hardest metal to photography is the Canadian nickel dollars. I have finally mastered that with a lot of trail and error. the Canadian nickel dollars have to be shot at and angle. using focus stacking plus element 13 in Photoshop. here is a couple of images the silver coin is encased in plastic. the Voigtlander is one incredible lens. it like it focuses right through the plastic to the coin. all I can say is wow what a lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good result as expected!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: adjusting focus Reply with quote

i was taking a few more images with this lens. the adapter had a little bit of play. with the lens mounted. shimmed the lens and adapter. the focus on this lens is incredible. this coin is encapsulated in plastic. to the eye it appears perfect. checkout these 2 photos. this lens is very revealing. see the marks on this coin. I am amazed at the sharpness of this lens. I have a adapter coming for my canon camera. i will take a few with it as well once the adapter gets here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Canadian toonie Reply with quote

this lens is wow. i still do not have the adapter to try it on a canon. i will soon . some one else took photos here of euros coins that was what hook me to have one of these lens. this lens is outstanding. it would be nice if the company that made this lens. would put them back on the market. here is images of a toonie. i already see a couple little errors on this coin. wow incredible.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would love to see a new CV125 APO macro too, a 50/2 APO macro too please!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some fantastic shots from what is probably the best macro lens there is. I'd love to see more. The walking liberty silver dollar has always been my favorite coin and your images are amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I too would love to see a new CV125 APO macro too, a 50/2 APO macro too please!!!!

Working distance for a 50mm is way to short, they made a wise decision then
and did their homework certainly before Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

Working distance for a 50mm is way to short, they made a wise decision then
and did their homework certainly before Wink

I don't find it that bad, but I use my macro 50's as a normal lens that can focus very close, I guess it would be more correct to call it a close focus lens as I don't require 1:1, but what I do really want is the APO design.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you use a dupe rig for APS-C to duplicate your slides -- or a bellows for full frame -- the 50-55mm focal length for a macro lens to be used in this context is best. Or so I've found.

But as far as APOs go with normal lenses -- I've found that your typical normal lens is usually the best corrected lens of all focal lengths in terms of aberrations. So an APO is something that isn't really necessary for that focal length. With all the normal lenses I own, I don't recall ever seeing any sort of chromatic fringing in images taken with them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime this lens pops up in a thread it hurts to remind me how extremely stupid I was to sell it, makes me feel sick Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive results!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 125mm Macro f/2.5 APO-Lanthar Reply with quote

mounted the Voigtlander 125mm Macro f/2.5 APO-Lanthar on a canon eos 70D. here is a photo taken by the canon camera. i used 1 single ottlite. i did no photo editing or adjustments. i did a 100% crop to show the detail and depth of field. the aperture was set at f8. this is an incredible lens lens

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, one of the best macro lenses I know!!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
Everytime this lens pops up in a thread it hurts to remind me how extremely stupid I was to sell it, makes me feel sick Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Same here John!!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too John,would like to buy back at price I sold it for. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had the pleasure of owning a 125 APO-Lanthar, but I can't tell you how many times I've sold a photo item and wish I could have taken it back. Especially when I think of what I paid for the item and what it sells for now.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I've never had the pleasure of owning a 125 APO-Lanthar, but I can't tell you how many times I've sold a photo item and wish I could have taken it back. Especially when I think of what I paid for the item and what it sells for now.

Welcome to the club then!! Wink