Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlaender Ultra Wide-Heliar 12mm/F5.6 M39/LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
The only nitpick will be that the hoods are permanent, and the 10 & 12mm will have no filter threads.
SK Grimes does offer a service to remove the hood and anodize the part, they may be able to offer filter threads.

I doubt that you can use filters on the 10 and 12 mm versions without vignetting, especially when used on A7 (FF) series. Even the lens hood (sun shade) is only a bad joke on my 12 mm version in order to prevent vignetting. It's more or less useless on lenses with such a wide angle of view, similar to many fish-eye lenses in existence. That is a general problem with all super wide lenses and not specific to Voigtländer.
However, there would be a special filter holder available from Voigtländer: Click here to see on Ebay. I think it takes 77 mm filters.

That filter holder is for the first version that was LTM, the 2nd version had M mount and a bigger hood.
https://cameraquest.com/voigt_12VM.htm
I think many would prefer a removable hood.
Would an 82mm filter vignette?
Or a large professional filter system from Lee or Cokin?
I also like the lens cap that comes with my CV15III

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the first version of this lens.. It's the same optical formula as the second version except it's LTM/L39 mount and has a removable hood.. which makes it much more desirable..

you can buy this 77mm filter holder

...and mount a Lee Filter system on it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
kds315* wrote:
what's the MFD of the 12mm lens?
And if set to infinity, what's say at f8 the closest distance in focus (according to the lens scale)?

MFD = 0.3 m

If set to infinity, at F8 the DOF is apprx. 0.6 m to infinity (F11 apprx. from 0.45 m and at F22 apprx. from 0.25 m to infinity).

Danke!