Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 80-205 zoom/f3.8, M42: any good?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the fungus is on the front element it is a simple matter to remove the front metal bezel (the front element is glued to it)and clean it. The rear (If that is where the fungus is located) can be more complicated. I've never taken the rear element off the 75-205 so I cannot comment there.
Is the missing coating showing up in your photos or is it not a factor when shooting?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see on Monday the 75-205. With respect to 80-200, the coating deteriorated in the first element. A white cloud appears in the center and the edge looks like a mirror.
The question is, if can adapt to a canon 5D. When focused on infinity at 70mm. the last element should not reach the edge of the mount FD.
Greetings y thanks. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
I see on Monday the 75-205. With respect to 80-200, the coating deteriorated in the first element. A white cloud appears in the center and the edge looks like a mirror.
The question is, if can adapt to a canon 5D. When focused on infinity at 70mm. the last element should not reach the edge of the mount FD.

I'm not a Canon user so I cannot answer that question. Post the question in the forum as a new thread and someone should be able to answer it for you. My apologies for my ignorance here, but I just do not know the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
francotirador wrote:

I'm not a Canon user so I cannot answer that question. Post the question in the forum as a new thread and someone should be able to answer it for you. My apologies for my ignorance here, but I just do not know the answer.

Thank you very much, Big Dawg
Your information has always been important.
Sooner or later I'll have a Kiron. Very Happy