Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 50mm f/1.4 (Cosina built) questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Vivitar 50mm f/1.4 (Cosina built) questions Reply with quote

Never seen one before, and i can get one for little money, but it's aperture blades are stuck wide open.

What i'd like to know:
1. is it worth buying and fixing, in terms of IQ?
2. is it repairable or are some parts glued together and cannot be removed? I did fix some Tomioka built 1.4/55 lenses, those are quite easy imho....

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the lens - in fact, wasn't aware that Vivitar made a 50mm "standard" lens.
I guess I would have to ask - is it worth the trouble?
What camera will you use it with?
Are there reasonable examples of that brand of 50mm lens available for not much?
OTOH, if you like to dabble and won't be risking much except your time, perhaps it will be an adventure.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a PK mount.

The reason why i am asking these questions: there's not much to find about this lens, so i was hoping maybe some of the MFL members has it or has used it in the past.

Just like you OH: Never knew Vivitar sold any "standard 50". But maybe it was sold together with a Vivitar body?? There seem to have been a lot with PK mount, mostly Cosina built.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
It has a PK mount.

The reason why i am asking these questions: there's not much to find about this lens, so i was hoping maybe some of the MFL members has it or has used it in the past.

Just like you OH: Never knew Vivitar sold any "standard 50". But maybe it was sold together with a Vivitar body?? There seem to have been a lot with PK mount, mostly Cosina built.

Yes, of course, that makes sense.
Sorry I can't help with the lens, but it would be fun to do and not much money involved hopefully.
OH