Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

vivitar 28 mm f/2.8 mc close focus wide angle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: vivitar 28 mm f/2.8 mc close focus wide angle Reply with quote

Hello
I got the lens above. Ijust wanted to know something about it, if anyone else have it etc
I took some pics and seems quite good. the serial number starts with 28...
etc.
I read about the difference betweend the cosina and komine manufacturer and that cosina is less good?, while komina version should be a step higher

is it correct? here a pic with this lens and a canon 350d
thanks for attention , bye
Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komine version is reported to be the better performing version of the 2,but I don't have it though....I do have several 28mm lens . The 28mm F3.5 Ais Nikkor, The 28mm F2.8 Ai mount Nikkor, the 28mm F2 Kino made Vivitar, & the 28mm F2.5 Kino made Vivitar...I'd like to have that Komine version though...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Kiron 28/2.5 and Komine 28/2.8 - Komine was better. Sharper and slightly less CA.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late chime in (found this topic while googling for said lens),

I snagged a Komine one from evilbay in June for next to nothing. I use it for film photography on Prakticas and Zenits.

Have done the usual unscientific tests on a Nikon D700 with a glass-equipped adapter. It performed on par with the Pentacon 29/2.8 and Super-Takumar 28/3.5 (old version). All look more or less the same at f/8 (the 29/2.8 looks to be a good sample, many say it's rubbish). For me its a keeper.

Wide open at f/2.8 here, illuminating expired Ektachrome 64 (normal light sharpening applied to combat flatbed scanner induced softness).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks eb.
, i just bought an adapter, soon or later i will post some pics witrh the komine-vivitar 28 mm lens
paolo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Soligor 2.8 wide auto S/N17661619 love it,it has the exchangable mount.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosina made 28mm 2.8 and the Komine (I have the Panagor version) one (not close focussing I don't have that one) are pretty comparable. I think the Cosina's bokeh is a bit better. Cosina will focus as close as the close focussing version to 23cm. (30cm for the Komine).