Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Landscape photography again
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Landscape photography again Reply with quote

I am lucky enough to take one week holiday at Teneriffe (Canary Islands) I would to take best landscape photos as possible . I would like to know your opinion what is the best gear for me. This area is new for me in photography.

My current cameras: Olympus OM2, Nikkor FA, Yashica MAT 124 G, Besa L , Yashica Electro 35, Canon Canonette QL

Which focal length do you suggested to use mainly ?

I have range of lenses to Nikon FA and Olympus OM.

Which film ? I like Velvia, but not for every scene.

Gears must be quiet compact or invaluable the rest (Safe is small in hotel).

How many rolls shoud I buy for a week, (landscape is incredible around Volcano Teide)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 OM , 90 macro OM

180 mm Nikon

If you speack spanish : Felices vacaciones, Attila.

Good luck and pics.

Last edited by estudleon on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love to speak Spanish Sad fortunately my oldest daughter started to learn Spanish I am happy about that I don't have time to learn at least she can solve my dream. I am great fun of Spanish culture and people.

Is 180mm is useful in landscape photography ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medium tele. Another point of view for the same things, a compress view. I should have it in my bag.

Thanks for your opinion aboiut spanish clture and people. In my country we speak spanish and have a deep spanish culture (an italian too).

Enjoy!!! Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the 28mm and 50mm Nikkors along for landscape shots.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glockman99 wrote:
I'd take the 28mm and 50mm Nikkors along for landscape shots.

Is there any benefits to bring 28mm lens if I have already 21mm and 50mm ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Medium tele. Another point of view for the same things, a compress view. I should have it in my bag.

Thanks for your opinion aboiut spanish clture and people. In my country we speak spanish and have a deep spanish culture (an italian too).

Enjoy!!! Rino.

You have beautiful country I wish to go there , why you not publish more and more pictures from your country side? I have a very good friend from Columbia he is living in USA. I get personal experience with "Latinos" when I worked in Florida lovely people and I get personal experience with Italian people thanks for Orio's friendship. I definitely love both nation and their culture very much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Medium tele. Another point of view for the same things, a compress view.

I agree, absolutely. Think outside the box. I've grown a bit tired of wide angle landscapes as it seems to be a standard solutions many people (at least here in north) do for every landscape. I like the narrower feel a 135mm can give you.

But if you have a wide, a normal and a short tele you can do what feels right at the moment. And I guess it depends on the landscape, where your going is very different from Sweden Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

In fact, I read that in 1884, Italian immigrants were the 60.4% of the whole Argentinian population. Shocked
The percentage then decreased in the last century, in favour of the Spanish immigration.
But in spite of the decrease, Buenos Aires is still potentially the most italian-populated city of the world: counting all the people of italian descent, it has double than Rome Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTILA

Thanks for your affective words.

ORIO

Yes, you are right.

I'm italian descent (my name is Rino, that is italian) and living in Buenos Aires.

Thanks for your interest in my country. Regards

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not lens for landscape, sorry.

I love to go Buenos Aires again, love the place.

@Attila
Back to landscape lens, Very Happy
you have to have at least one (very) wide angle lens with you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Obelisco", traditional place in Av. Corrientes. Vewry nice. Thanks.

The next time that you come to Buenos Aires, and if you want send a mail to me. I can show you anothers good places to pics

Rino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
Not lens for landscape, sorry.

I love to go Buenos Aires again, love the place.

@Attila
Back to landscape lens, Very Happy
you have to have at least one (very) wide angle lens with you.

I will have for sure Besa L + 15mm Heliar lens and 21mm OM. Might be I will go with 18mm OM too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

ORIO
Yes, you are right.
I'm italian descent (my name is Rino, that is italian) and living in Buenos Aires.
Rino.

Hey Rino, my woman (Monica) has relatives in Buenos Aires, a nephew.
She also visited there time ago and loved the city. She often speaks to me of Buenos Aires.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
estudleon wrote:
Medium tele. Another point of view for the same things, a compress view.

I agree, absolutely. Think outside the box. I've grown a bit tired of wide angle landscapes as it seems to be a standard solutions many people (at least here in north) do for every landscape. I like the narrower feel a 135mm can give you.

But if you have a wide, a normal and a short tele you can do what feels right at the moment. And I guess it depends on the landscape, where your going is very different from Sweden Wink

I just put any of my wide angle lenses on oly body and I will get 135mm view Wink Thanks for advice!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila!

Nice to know you will be in spanish ground, Tenerife is one of my favourite places..

Regarding to the lenses, I would carry a very light luggage: Just the VLC3 with a Flekto 35m a 50mm Pancolar and a 70-210 tammy...
You might carry also a 2x converter, and a compact digital camera like the Caplio GX100.

But no matter which equipment you select, enjoy!

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spain beautiful all around! My favorite place also Teneriffe.I didn't think about 35mm Flek perhaps a shame from me Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
estudleon wrote:

ORIO
Yes, you are right.
Rino.

Hey Rino, my woman (Monica) has relatives in Buenos Aires, a nephew.
She also visited there time ago and loved the city. She often speaks to me of Buenos Aires.

Well, Orio. If you want, the next time that you and Monica came to Buenos Aires, send a mail to me. Patricia (my wife) and me can show to you beauty places to take pics, and eat a good "asado" (barbacoa).

Regards. Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Spain beautiful all around! My favorite place also Teneriffe.I didn't think about 35mm Flek perhaps a shame from me Embarassed

I use to use the Flekto for landscaping, but it's my own preference...
I mean to shot film. With the digital Oly it would be a 70mm and not interesting for landscapes.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well
I think you have your choices already made.
The most important thing to take is............. You.
The gear is just along for the ride without a talented eye and hand (and pair of feet if you love only primes like me Wink ).
So whatever you choose the pics will be great and memories forever because you are taking them.
Enjoy, I envy you this week in such a beautiful place. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make sure to have with me a camera that works without batteries. And a hand meter in your pocket.
Just in case something goes wrong with the electronics.
In Budapest I had the Bessie which is fully manual - even if I knew that I could always borrow something from you in case of a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Andy! I hope I able to make great photos, I was been there three yrs before I know pretty much what will wait for me. Orio, I will bring backup camera a Kodak Retina most manual camera what I have Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was me...in my biased opinion...I would take the Yashica Mat! Now THAT would be "outside the box"... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do Smile thanks Larry.