Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Are you boring for my portrait photography?; Leica R 2.8/90
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Are you boring for my portrait photography?; Leica R 2.8/90 Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

Portrait again Laughing but other lens. It's Leica Elmerit R 90mm f2.8 on Panasonic DMC L1.

Any comments, please feel free to add strightforward.

Thank you for joining me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this pictures series I retouch smooth properly. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me not natural, over saturated. Leica is famous from very natural colors. I guess your remember when you took this pictures, is this same color ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That you can see the sweat on her face that I don't retouch it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila,

I set Panasonic DMC L1 in dynamic film mode. I also add saturate and contrast +1 in body too.

Thank you for reminding me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or too vivid color on model face. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's ok for me. I really like closer portraits than from longer distance. On first published pictures from portrait distance she was much more elegant in my opinion. This sitting picture for me a nice family photo capture only. Side sitting picture is wonderful really nice one! Background is bit harsh for my taste. Try sometimes a cheap Pentacon 135mm you will be surprised if not tried yet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the color of this picture is the most accuracy in this series. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plaid a bit with background light intensity

Last edited by Attila on Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanX wrote:
I think the color of this picture is the most accuracy in this series. Laughing

And pose really cute!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, indeed I have some more pictures form Pentacon 135mm f2.8 and I plan to post tomorrow. Laughing

Thanks again for your good comments.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fall into love to this lady based on latest image, beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last pictures.

Thank you for any commments.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her teeth under regulation, I think this is not a good picture to publish. I like to see bright , white beautiful teeth without regulator.If can't better to show closed mouth. I followed this with my daughter when she had also.She is a such pretty lady photographer must show only the best ones from her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila: Here in Czech Republic is one young singer called Ewa Farna (I think she has Polish ancestors). She is always pictured with widely-opened mouth and screw-jack on her teeth. This turned out to be good marketing move beacuse her peers doesn't like icons of perfection Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know this stupidity very well. Dove here made commercial with very average woman and say they are the real one. I like if photography show better world than boring real one. I also like to show the best moments from a lady not the average ones.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am never tired to see your portraits Khanx, please continue!

I like the fact that I can see the natural skin in these photos. I don't like to see skin smoothed with Photoshop. I have no problems if there are some defects or sweat, who does not have them? THey are part of reality. When we are near to a real woman we see all that and don't have a problem (at least I don't) so why should we hide them in the photos? I am ok with teeth bracers too. They speak to me of the real person, not of some ideal glamour model that does not even exist in reality (they are all retouched).

I love to see the real people, also with the defects.

Thanks for sharing!

P.S. in my opinion the saturation is a bit too heavy. But it is a matter of personal taste.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Attila in the identical minute, we posted two 180° opposite opinions! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing I read it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X - It's the same in Thailand too. Now it's the fasion to have a screw-jack on girl's teeth and they think it is beautiful.

Orio - Thank you for your always great comments to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lens KhanX!
you make perfect job, every time better
I am never bored of nice portrait!
try it on the 5D for real colors, the Panasonic destroy the nice Leica colors
and let fill flash for the 'pro'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you poilu.

I don't use 5D with manual focus because I use 5D only for Autofocus for working and I beware of dust in 5D because of the large mirror and sensor.