Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi NOT Pentax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Asahi NOT Pentax Reply with quote

Shot with CZJ Tessar 40/4.5 at f8.

Last edited by A G Photography on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Looks perfect to me!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Wow! Looks perfect to me!

Thanks but there are still some glitches I will avoid next time.
Anyway I never have a harder time shooting something. It's really frigging difficult, then maybe once you learn to do it, it would be a lot simpler just like everything in life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I suppose wasn't easy to setup perfect lights like this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes, I suppose wasn't easy to setup perfect lights like this.

Lights aren't the harder part, gobos are a bit harder but the most difficult things are the drops, the top of the beer, the backlighting of the beer glass and most of all keeping all these things under control being alone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see! Seems you have well set up for stock photography, have you ever thought about that ? Not many talented people doing that, a permanent pay to find nice images from different subjects what we can use for webdesign.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Alessandro.

What size filter does it take and do they make a hood for it? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Oh I see! Seems you have well set up for stock photography, have you ever thought about that ? Not many talented people doing that, a permanent pay to find nice images from different subjects what we can use for webdesign.

I already have some images on most of the huger microstock agencies. But while it helped me tremendously to shot in a clean way (otherway you get rejections over rejections for noise, harsh light, etc), I don't have the time nor the disposition to shot thousand of medium-low quality images of smiling managers or isolated objects to get from 25 cents to 6 dollars for every image sold. I know very few people who make some real money out of it.

Then there are macro stock agencies but you need to be presented to most of them and have a lot higher quality control, and anyway you need to prepare a varied and nice portfolio first just like for every other photographic agency or commitent. This is the reason why I'm trying to learn some product photography as I know there are working opportunities in the city I live and it could be nice to have some part time incomes that aren't just a handful of dollars.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
Very nice Alessandro.

What size filter does it take and do they make a hood for it? Laughing

No hood and the filter size should be 49mm, Attila and Orio would know it for sure though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb result! a very appealing Japanese beer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question, that might be stupid, but I will ask anyway, or I won't learn.

Wouldnt this kind of setup be doable with almost no light and a long, long exposure? Would that not limit the possibility of reflections like the one in the top of the bottle? say a very dim ligh above the scene with a black plate under it so the light never hit the target directly? And would or would not a polarization filter help?

Last edited by zewrak on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Attila wrote:

I already have some images on most of the huger microstock agencies. But while it helped me tremendously to shot in a clean way (otherway you get rejections over rejections for noise, harsh light, etc), I don't have the time nor the disposition to shot thousand of medium-low quality images of smiling managers or isolated objects to get from 25 cents to 6 dollars for every image sold. I know very few people who make some real money out of it.

Then there are macro stock agencies but you need to be presented to most of them and have a lot higher quality control, and anyway you need to prepare a varied and nice portfolio first just like for every other photographic agency or commitent. This is the reason why I'm trying to learn some product photography as I know there are working opportunities in the city I live and it could be nice to have some part time incomes that aren't just a handful of dollars.

Damn it!

We use Istockphoto we found this is the best, but 80% of images are crap unusable. So really not understand how they are not accept your works.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
superb result! a very appealing Japanese beer

Thanks Poilu.

Attila wrote:
We use Istockphoto we found this is the best, but 80% of images are crap unusable. So really not understand how they are not accept your works.

Oh yeah, they accept it. It's me who don't have fun shooting sellable crap to earn some few dollars. I preferred to concentrate myself in building a portfolio to get some real work.

zewrak wrote:
Wouldnt this kind of setup be doable with almost no light and a long, long exposure? Would that not limit the possibility of reflections like the one in the top of the bottle? say a very dim ligh above the scene with a black plate under it so the light never hit the target directly? And would or would not a polarization filter help?

You can't have similar reflections unless you use softboxes and square reflectors. Actually when my new studio flashes will arive I'll have an easier task in shots like this because of the strip softbox (the thinner one).

Your light scheme with a dim light above the scene would give a completely different effect, while actually the black plate (a gobo in tech terms) would stop the light to hit the subject directly you'll have diffused light everywhere and a dark subject. Interesting but not really what I would have liked to.
If you want to learn there are some nice books on sale, the fundamental one is Light: Science and Magic (Fil Hunter, Steven Biver, Paul Fuqua - Focal Press). It takes your photography to the next level whatever the subject.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my favorite beer, when I drink beer!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill I really like Asahi too...

Great shot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it's a copy of a German beer! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I bet it's a copy of a German beer! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing But the brewer machines and the quality control were german. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be a great lens.
(But you need to shoot this subject with a Pentax lens, of course...)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
This seems to be a great lens.
(But you need to shoot this subject with a Pentax lens, of course...)

Or...shoot a picture of Zeiss Beer with an Asahi lens...

Seriously though...FANTASTIC work from my perspective....the foam must be a difficult thing, and you nailed it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the lighting and exposure of the glass is superb, but I'm less happy about the bottle. There's a little too much shadow on both sides, making it look as though the bottle is partially in the background. I'd like to see a little more lighting from the left.