Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TechArt Contax G to Sony autofocus adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:17 am    Post subject: TechArt Contax G to Sony autofocus adapter Reply with quote

TECHART Contax G lens to E-mount autofocus adapter 3rd generation

I recently saw this floating around the internet. It would make my ideal combination of Contax G lenses and a full frame digital. Something that I wished Kyocera considered before chopping the G series. But I guess the technology back in the day was not as advanced as it is now. I have the manual G to E adapters and have found the focusing difficult as the gearing of the focusing ring and the mechanical AF interface on the lens a bit fiddly and not very smooth. I got the TechArt in the mail this week and am very surprised at how small the adapter was and how much tech is packaged into it! I only have the original Sony a7r so many of the advanced focusing options like eye tracking, etc are not available on my camera body. I will be testing this out in the next few weeks and see how it goes.

Here's a shot of the setup with the 35mm.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Nice lenses those Contax-G...is the adapter noisy when AF?