Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

400mm Vivitar example
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: 400mm Vivitar example Reply with quote

I've seen some threads asking about the quality of this lens. Just thought I would post a shot I took with the one i picked up the other day on ebay. I bumped the exposure up a bit in camera raw, nothing else. iso 200, f8, s1/1600 There's also a nice big piece of dust on the lense or on my sensor towards the bottom , left of center. Shot on a samsung gx-1l
I think thats 100 percent? The second one may be more than 100 percent

Last edited by reknelb on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing.
400mm lenses are difficult beasts to handle. I personally decided to put the end to my lineup at 300mm (with the only exception of a mirror 500mm I have it's a long time).
But I don't make wildlife photography, and neither sports, so I'm lucky in that respect. For photographers of these two genres, on the contrary, a 400mm lens is a vital element in the setup.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post a 100% crop from the center.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the Vivitar 400mm f5.6?...If so, then its not a very good lens really...Not particularly sharp and very prone to CA. Sad
I replaced mine with a faster Enna Tele-Ennalyt 400mm f4.5, which is a far better lens all round...Plus it was an absolute bargain because I only paid £41.80 for it on ebay, including the postage!!! Very Happy