Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki4/Jupiter12 vs. EOS300V/Distagon35MMJ
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Zorki4/Jupiter12 vs. EOS300V/Distagon35MMJ Reply with quote

This is three pics from a test, Zorki/Jupiter12 vs EOS 300V/Distagon 35 MMJ. same place, same time, same film, same lab, same scanner, same settings. And the result. First is always jupi below distagon:

Conclusion: not exact, I don't know which is better. But I prefer Jupi, sure! So I sell my really expensive Distagons...Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csaba: if you hare more happy with the Jupiter, then sell the Distagon, but looking at the images you show, I have to say that the Distagon surfaces as the better lens, at this small size at least. Just look in the first image at how it reads detail in the shadow area and how its better contrast makes the image livelier.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Csaba: if you hare more happy with the Jupiter, then sell the Distagon, but looking at the images you show, I have to say that the Distagon surfaces as the better lens, at this small size at least. Just look in the first image at how it reads detail in the shadow area and how its better contrast makes the image livelier.

Thank you Orio! It's the same case for me, then the EF 135 2L. At first I tried jupiter 37A, Orestor 135. Later bought Sonnar MC. And the 135 2L too. It was a wonder. Sharp as hell, smooth bokeh, perfect everything. My pictures was ready when downloaded from camera. Then I sold it...Smile I like to add some personal thing with post processing in Lightroom or Gimp. This is praktica and flektogon 2.4/35:
http://www.369.hu/369hu.php?l=hu&m=3&p=0&mappa=017&k=1727
So distagons are the same case for me. Expensive, perfect but keep flektogon and use jupiter12...Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I envy you your test location. Can't help but make good photos...

I agree with Orio, the Distagon looks like the better lens. But the J-12 does have a lot of charm

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
First, I envy you your test location. Can't help but make good photos...

I agree with Orio, the Distagon looks like the better lens. But the J-12 does have a lot of charm

Thank you, maybe I'll keep the 35mm Distagon, and sell only 25mm.

Budapest is a nice town, but a bit hard to spot places if you live here, walk here day by day...tourists can do a better job...Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Distagon looks better on #1, because the upper part of J-12 is quite unsharp. But I prefer J-12 for #2 and #3...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the third set, the Distagon picture is hugely overexposed.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
The Distagon looks better on #1, because the upper part of J-12 is quite unsharp. But I prefer J-12 for #2 and #3...

Unsharp is not Jupi problem, it is scan problem. The film wasn't quite flat, I was impatient... Embarassed