Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 21M ( The Russian Beast) 200mm F4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 21M ( The Russian Beast) 200mm F4 Reply with quote

Well for today's arm workout we took the Jupiter 21m and Some extension tubes
What can i say it is built like a tank, really heavy piece of kit.
Gives some nice colours and if the subject and background are correct, can have quite a bit of 3d Pop.
Minimum Focus distance is 1.3m so not very good for close-ups but hence taking some extension tubes to fix that issue.
It does have quite a bit of CA in the branches, but the Pylon did not display much.

@F4

@F5.6

@F8

@F4

@F8

@F5.6

@F8

@F4

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good lens indeed. This is on APSC 24 Mpx. So this is with high pixel density. Heavy.

[img][/url]Parc de Saint-Cloud jumelles by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

[img][/url]Parc de Saint-Cloud Solitaire by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have yours, because mine has a minimum focus distance of 1.8meters. Still pretty good since you were lucky when a 200mm did focus to 2m in those days. A lot of them stop at 2.5m and some at 3.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the same lens. 200mm and 1,8m MFD on APSC is pretty good magnification.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops Sorry you are correct the MFD is 1.8, i must have miss read when looking at it

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe but this badboy actually covers Pentax 6x7. Aperture needed direct connection custom made and infinity was a pain to reach.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Hard to believe but this badboy actually covers Pentax 6x7. Aperture needed direct connection custom made and infinity was a pain to reach.

Interesting - and unexpected
How does it compare with the Pentax 67 200mm f4?
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Interesting - and unexpected
How does it compare with the Pentax 67 200mm f4?
Tom

I've only tried with Instax Wide so far. It proved proper coverage and sharpness but not much else since i still learn to develop properly. Optical design is quite different (Sonnar) so some difference is expected.