Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AI (black one)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 85mm f1.8 AI (black one) Reply with quote

Hi-res images are here

#2 wide open!

#4 1/15 Shocked wide open

Last edited by Attila on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh there are so many things wrong, they are too numerous to list. You should send that lens back to the states, I will receive it for you Wink

Looks very nice indeed. Wide open on the Orangutan has a much deeper DOF than I would have thought that lens would provide. Looks to handle the different lighting conditions very well, as does the photographer. Looks like you and this lens are going to get along very nicely.

I would like to see a shot taken near dark, with a longer exposure, to see how well it performs.

Thanks for sharing these. Actually, thanks for getting ALL the lenses that you get and testing them. Your samples and reviews come in VERY handy!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again fantastic pictures from the Master of the Animals!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for pointing me, Orangutan is not wide open. Perhaps f2.8 or F4.

Frog was near in dark ISO 800 f1/15 !

Many thanks Orio!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full size samples are included.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
Oh there are so many things wrong, they are too numerous to list. You should send that lens back to the states, I will receive it for you Wink

Looks very nice indeed. Wide open on the Orangutan has a much deeper DOF than I would have thought that lens would provide. Looks to handle the different lighting conditions very well, as does the photographer. Looks like you and this lens are going to get along very nicely.

I would like to see a shot taken near dark, with a longer exposure, to see how well it performs.

Thanks for sharing these. Actually, thanks for getting ALL the lenses that you get and testing them. Your samples and reviews come in VERY handy!

Thank you Michael! I falled in love into this lens immediately:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The copy I have is an H.C. version. I believe it is Ai'd, it has a scalloped focus ring. It is one of the lenses that is always in my bag.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is multi-coated NON-AI what is converted to AI.

@Bill I gave you false information ,sorry. Don't look P.C marked lens that will never comes. H.C is the right mark what Michael have it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for correction, I have an AI'd Micro-Nikkor 105/4 that is one of
my faves, so I think AI'd lenses should be OK, too.

The second shot, wide open, really displays what this lens is about!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shots from a top lens!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shots Attila. Boy those animals love to pose for you! That is a magnificent lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you know why this is one of my favourite lenses! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! This is a magnificent lens indeed.