Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Trip with the Pentacon Six
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: A Trip with the Pentacon Six Reply with quote

Last weekend I made a trip on the Appennini mountains which lie to the south behind my city, Bologna.
I was together with my Pentacon Six, the Flek 50 and the Olympia Sonnar.
Here are some shots from the series I took that I will use to illustrate a post in my blog.

Brasimone artificial lake with the old nuclear plant, now used just for experiments.

The artificial lake of Suviana. At its bottom still lies a town that is visible when once every some years the lake is emptied for maintenance.

The medieval hamlet of Stagno. Its name comes from the metal that was mined near there during Middle Ages. The feudal Lords of Stagno were recorded from about X century and they were from a Longobard family of importance (the zone was almost on the borders with the byzantine exarcate and of strategical importance because of the mountain passes with Tuscany).

This shot was an hazard with the sun against the Flek but it behaves pretty well after all.

More to comes tomorrow. I've just finished the cigarettes and I can't stand long scanning times without smoking.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice place, seems P6 performed very well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very nice place, seems P6 performed very well.

I'm in love with it. For the price the system is unbeatable, the only problem being the huge mirror, I can see some sharpness differences when used on tripod or handheld, but maybe it's just the hi res film that catches some micro moviments of mine.

Btw, if you want some full res scan Attila to see how it performs together with the Epson scan you're welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please pick up the best one and show me , many thanks!

P6 was my first camera 23 yrs ago, I bought as new in shop. I love it to pretty much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see our mountains Smile it must have been a hot day, I can tell by the amount of UV in the photos.
You are right about the P6 mirror, it is always safe to use 1/250 when photographing hand-held, not less. it will not take it away but it will minimize it. For my experience also, tripod is best with this camera, but it does not eliminate the need for fast times because the mirror keeps shaking also on the tripod.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous set, Alessandro, beautiful country! Lots of detail in the rock face
of the building, too.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some magic in medium format!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice to see our mountains Smile it must have been a hot day, I can tell by the amount of UV in the photos.
You are right about the P6 mirror, it is always safe to use 1/250 when photographing hand-held, not less. it will not take it away but it will minimize it. For my experience also, tripod is best with this camera, but it does not eliminate the need for fast times because the mirror keeps shaking also on the tripod.

In all honesty I must say that the differences are visible just at 80-100% in a 50 MP file with the Flek, so in a normal print they'd be probably invisible.
It seems to me that it's no different than with a normal reflex, it's the medium whose high resolution captures pretty everything.