Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura M42 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Komura M42 lenses Reply with quote

I had in the past a Komura 200mm f4.5 lens, it was pretty average in sharpness. I not seen many copy ... Today I bought a 135mm f3.5 Komura lens. This is the first one what I seen. Any experience ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Komura M42 lenses Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I had in the past a Komura 200mm f4.5 lens, it was pretty average in sharpness. I not seen many copy ... Today I bought a 135mm f3.5 Komura lens. This is the first one what I seen. Any experience ?

Not of that FL. I've got a 2.5/105 which is reasonably good, see http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_komura.html and http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_komura_bokeh.html . Komura M42 lenses aren't very common these days, and it is rather difficult to find any information about them or user experiences. According to the Vade-Mecum, the 3.5/135 is hard coated, 5 elements in 4 groups, and well built with a brass helix.

Veijo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can expect reasonable good too, because as usual 135mm is pretty good from every maker. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an m42 komura zoom that I've found a pretty decent performer and very well put together. But I couldn't find any information about it and couldn't sell it either - not even for 99p. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the sad reality with many "noname" lenses even if they are decent performer they don't have value on the market. I guess this is normal market behavior because so many crap going in noname category

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This is the sad reality with many "noname" lenses even if they are decent performer they don't have value on the market. I guess this is normal market behavior because so many crap going in noname category

I have a Komura ZOOM 925 90-250/4.5. It is quite sharp at the shorter end. It looks like a well made lens mechanically. I can't find much information about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komura zooms and medium format lenses are more common than M42 primes I saw a few. Please publish some nice samples and a photo from lens itself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a M42 Komura 85/1.4, a much sought after lens, but a bad lens nevertheless by today's standards. I sold it in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this info I would hunting down this lens. Now it is changed Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komura 135mm f3.5 is here, solidly built nice looking lens. I except average or crap result Smile Let we see how perform on a sunny day Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Komura 200/4.5 now, and I am very happy with it.

I may be much too easy to please on the matter of sharpness, but the thing has been "lucky" for me, which is a non-scientific but very important quality !

I mounted it on a bellows for use on my K100D, as mine is actually a Leica/Canon mount.

These from the Komura -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems color rendering perfect! Also true you selected a very nice subject and in small size difficult to judge on a lens.
This is my former copy I wasn't like at all.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/othermaker/komura_200mm_f4_001/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally lens is here need to cleaning because it has starter fungus inside.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well built pre-set lens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid and capable - looking thing. They don't make them that way anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Well built pre-set lens.

It looks very much like a Russian Tair-11. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With one difference your Tair-11 a lot more better lens Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Finally lens is here need to cleaning because it has starter fungus inside.
Did you managed to get it opened Atilla? I'm asking because i got the same lens with its beautifull 16 blades diaphragm full of oil.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother. Out of several pre-set lenses with that many blades that I have, two have oil on the blades. That does not affect anything. You would only want the oil removed if it were an automatic lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preset or automatic, oily blades could stick. Plus that i don't like how they look. I'll open it even if that mean i'll break it for good Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now I am confused:..is a Komura lens from the same maker as a Kominar / and a Komine?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
now I am confused:..is a Komura lens from the same maker as a Kominar / and a Komine?

Not At all

Komura lenses were made by sankyo koki (the manufacturer of Horseman 4x5 /8x10 cameras)

Komine/Kominar lenses were made by Nittoh Co (still active)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
Komura lenses were made by sankyo koki (the manufacturer of Horseman 4x5 /8x10 cameras)
Could you please confirm the spelling „Koki“? Until now I saw only Kohki or Kohkei. As per Vadamecum, the company changed it's name in '75 as „Komura Lens Manufacturing Ltd.“.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
Preset or automatic, oily blades could stick. Plus that i don't like how they look. I'll open it even if that mean i'll break it for good Smile

No problem with oil at all don't make it stuck and if make it you can brake after ... Laughing