Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brixellum 2008, part six: the ancient dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Brixellum 2008, part six: the ancient dances Reply with quote

www.oriofoto.net/temp/BRIXELLUM_2008_6_OLD_DANCES/index.html

-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that this series will get a lot of views.

Very nicely done Orio.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this series is fresh and enjoyable
Great colors and quality for both lens
Superb shots

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
I do believe that this series will get a lot of views.
Very nicely done Orio.

Thanks Maddog. That was a lot of work to prepare this part. Work on the compositions I mean. Very difficult job to balance all these elements and the public.
Your prediction was completely wrong Laughing but doesn't matter, I post to share the pictures with my friends Smile If I was interested in the views I would post to Flickr or Pbase. Consider that I have found that the forum displays the number of views only a few weeks ago. I didn't notice that in over one year of life of this forum Laughing

poilu wrote:
Yes this series is fresh and enjoyable
Great colors and quality for both lens
Superb shots

Thanks poilu. It was fun to make (but a lot of work also!)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this series Orio I found out that you choosed the right subject in your compositions Laughing We have the same tastes... about lenses of course! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I take the subjects that happen to be there. If it was old ladies to dance, I would have photographed them too. Only difference is that probably I would have taken a few dozens photos instead of a few hundreds Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're not expecting comments on the excellent technical side - some of us are easily distracted by the subject matter Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing understandeable

After having worked for many hours on the series, I got past that stage and I was reflecting about the diversity of the bodies (I would say the female bodies, but probably it's a concept that goes beyond that), and how each type of body is able to express it's own way to harmony. There are very slim (almost anoressic) bodies, there are very "generous" bodies (food reserve Wink ), there are muscular bodies (like the ones of the trainers). And each one, has it's own peculiar grace and gives it's own meaning to the dance.

This has really impressed me. But probably because I worked so many hours on this image that the "first sight magic" was long gone.