Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

H.Roussel Paris Kynor 3.5/50 enlarger lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: H.Roussel Paris Kynor 3.5/50 enlarger lens Reply with quote

It is another enlarger lens which lacks any trace of test info in the net.

It has a 30mm screw mount and is really small in size. The aperture scale goes from f3.5 to f11 and the lens barrel is identical to this Trylor close relative. Looking at the glass surface I am tempted to say it is not coated, but looking at the images I'd say it is.

Some quick shots on Sony Nex with autocontrast applied:

#1 Wide open

#2 A 100% crop from the previous

#3 At f5.6

#4 Close ups using a helicoid

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic of the lens? Nice shots.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see more photos taken with H.Roussel Paris lenses. Like 1

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found that worth-while, fellows!

Jamaeolus, the lens looks precisely like Trylor in the post linked above, except the name on the beauty ring which says Kynor.

Making some more shots in the open air I found out a nice retro look the lens renders. I observe alongside a pretty subtle change of in-focus areas when changing the aperture value. You may distinguish wide open from f5.6 and even from f11 mostly by OOF fuzzyness. Some more examples follow.

#1 At f5.6, unprocessed besides resize

#2 At f5.6, autocontrast

#3 The same WO, unprocessed, just desaturated. A nice mild glow

#4 At f5.6, autocotrast and desaturated

#5 WO, autocontrast

#6 The same at f5.6, autocontrast. Not much difference in central sharpness, right?

#7 WO, autocontrast

#8 At f11, autocontrast