Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Practicar 2.8/28mm M42 modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Pentacon Practicar 2.8/28mm M42 modification Reply with quote

Pentacon Practicar 2.8/28mm PB bayonet, metal version. Converted to M42 with infinity (though metering scale lost). I didn't like the colors.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb images! Love the bokeh in the last shot...looks very nice indeed. I always wondered how this lens would perform on digital.

Did you have the white balance set cold for these photos?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice , I love the first building, best -the glass . I like the angle and perspective. I like the cool cold color ,goes well with the glass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a Sigma-built one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you i am glad you liked photos though toned. WB was in fact warm - it was afternoon.

Sigma you say - i was wondering the same. I even doubt Orestegon 29mm design since i opened the lens.

Last edited by Pancolart on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb images and mesmerizing tonality! Awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb!
And could you show me the details how did you convert the PB mount to M42 mount?

In fact, I also have the PB-28MM/F2.8 Lens, and I am trying to convert it to M42 Mount.

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love these images and like the colour a lot it looks like a very good photoshop made to give that effect a keeper i would say

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
superb!
And could you show me the details how did you convert the PB mount to M42 mount?

In fact, I also have the PB-28MM/F2.8 Lens, and I am trying to convert it to M42 Mount.

Thanks a lot!

Marcus,

The Sigma one was designed to be fitted out with different mounts so conversion would not be difficult; better still track down one in M42.

The Meyer-built one is a totally different kettle of fish altogether.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is different and on the mount it mentions "Made in German Democratic Republic", but that one is not built like the 29mm 2.8 either. The glass is coming a lot farther out of the camera and the rearlens is smaller.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great little set. Lens looks like a very nice performer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Mine is different and on the mount it mentions "Made in German Democratic Republic", but that one is not built like the 29mm 2.8 either. The glass is coming a lot farther out of the camera and the rearlens is smaller.

The Meyer-built 28/2.8 was a totally new design made in B-mount only, with no M42 equivalence, so it stands to reason why it does not resemble the 29/2.8.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentacon 2.8/28 in PB has the typical Meyer/Pentacon rendering but it's different to the earlier 2.8/29 and 3.5/30 Lydith, just as good though, I like mine a lot, I converted it to EOS mount, it's a hidden gem imho.

I'm surprised hwo nice this Sigma 28 is, most Sigma lenses of that era I've tried are rubbish and I have or had just about all of the Sigma made PB Prakticars, the 2.8/135 is not good at all, for instance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
marcus wrote:
superb!

Thanks a lot!

Marcus,

The Sigma one was designed to be fitted out with different mounts so conversion would not be difficult; better still track down one in M42.

The Meyer-built one is a totally different kettle of fish altogether.

+1

Don't remember which mount initially it was but rear was removed and mount from some other M42 placed instead. The conversion procedure depends on what lens mount you have. If you insist on Sigma the one above i can sell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this different glass than the m42 pentacon electric Multi coated 28mm f2.8?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

savale wrote:

There has never been such a lens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
savale wrote:

He might have meant this > http://www.wholesaledigital.co.za/pntcn28f2.8.htm

not CZJ/Pentacon made, made in Japan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
Seele wrote:
savale wrote:

He might have meant this > http://www.wholesaledigital.co.za/pntcn28f2.8.htm

not CZJ/Pentacon made, made in Japan.

Koji,

That's the Sigma-built one which started this thread in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there was the Pentacon Electric 29mm in M42, that lens was replaced by the 28mm when the PB mount was introduced. Never seen the 29mm in PB and I'm sure the 28mm was never made in M42.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Pentacon electric 28mm in M42 for sure. Long before the PB-Prakticas. Looks like made in Japan by Sigma (more glossy outfit then the DDR-Pentacons). The focusing turns the other way then the 29/2.8!
I have one:

with troubles between the glasses Crying or Very sad.

Its different from the later DDR-made 28/2.8 PB-Prakticar.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that looks like the original Sigma Mini-wide. The later PB mount one was the Mini-wide II

From another angle, some auction pic