Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brixellum 2008, part five: the theatre
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Brixellum 2008, part five: the theatre Reply with quote

http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/BRIXELLUM_2008_5_THEATRE/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! A theatre in the steets! Fantastic!
And great shots, Orio!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, where are the chiks like the one in your avatar? Razz Embarassed Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good series! the colors are authentic and the atmosphere of the show is well reported
the zoom shine on the 400D but the 50 1.4 is even better
nice samples of superb lenses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Wonderful! A theater in the steets! Fantastic!

Isn't it?
I love these events. with just a couple of rag costumes, and two good actors, you make an entartaining and educative show, that will stay in people's memory, especially the children.
Much better than the expensive playstations or other rich toys. I am so glad when the children have this chance to grow with this kind of educative events to enjoy together, instead of spending the afternoons alone in an apartment playing with a videogame. This will make them better persons.

LucisPictor wrote:
And great shots, Orio!

Thanks, I had fun. I went there first and took what I thought was the best place, and I choose well. After a while I had lots of other photographers at my side or behind me! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Orio, where are the chiks like the one in your avatar? Razz Embarassed Twisted Evil

next part Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
very good series! the colors are authentic and the atmosphere of the show is well reported
the zoom shine on the 400D but the 50 1.4 is even better
nice samples of superb lenses

Thanks! Like I said, it was fun. The actors were really great, they interpreted the plays in the authentic style of the times (the pantomime) and so lots of exaggerated facial expressions, that come out great in the photos.

As for the zoom, yes, I think it looks really "film-like" on the 400D, for whatever reason. I am more and more happy with it, I am discovering it with great pleasure.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic fun! This is a great presentation. So well recorded I'm really impressed. This is a full endorsement to convert the mount on your DSLR's to Contax. You won't miss any of the other lenses not even the Leicas Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
A G Photography wrote:

next part Wink

Heheh can't wait. She looks so terribly gorgeous (you should have give her your business card and ask her if she wanted the shots you made of her... Twisted Evil )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Fantastic fun! This is a great presentation. So well recorded I'm really impressed. This is a full endorsement to convert the mount on your DSLR's to Contax. You won't miss any of the other lenses not even the Leicas Shocked

Thanks Andy. Yes I am very happy to have focused on a Contax set. I love Leicas too, after all they are not so different (they are more similar between themselves than in comparison with Japanese lenses). However Contax is what is closest to my feeling, especially in the wide angles. The magic trio for me is Distagons 25mm, 28/2, and 35/1.4 - these three lenses give me the feeling of "being there" like no other lens can. I can smell the things and feel the sun. Probably Leicas and maybe some Japaneses are sharper, but to my eye, they lack that "something" that is there in the Zeiss wide angles, whatever that is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

Heheh can't wait. She looks so terribly gorgeous (you should have give her your business card and ask her if she wanted the shots you made of her... Twisted Evil )

I have no business card Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
A G Photography wrote:

I have no business card Sad

Neither I have now but I am thinking to prepare some because you never know, apart for magnificent ladies, what occasions you could meet once on the streets with a camera.

Only problem is that "technically" if you publicize yourself as a photographer you should fiscally register as a firm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another excellent series. Please keep them coming.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

I think most of the chicks are yet to come.

Although in this photo Orio must have been using an autofocus lens, because the main subject is quite out of focus. Oddly the pretty young lady in the blue racerback top to the right happens to be in perfect focus. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I love these events. with just a couple of rag costumes, and two good actors, you make an entartaining and educative show, that will stay in people's memory, especially the children.
Much better than the expensive playstations or other rich toys. I am so glad when the children have this chance to grow with this kind of educative events to enjoy together, instead of spending the afternoons alone in an apartment playing with a videogame. This will make them better persons

It was nice to see that after the golden ass, the children came up and used the same costume for the next play.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:

Although in this photo Orio must have been using an autofocus lens, because the main subject is quite out of focus. Oddly the pretty young lady in the blue racerback top to the right happens to be in perfect focus. Twisted Evil

Hahaha!
I had fun with this composition. I tried it with different apertures. Unfortunately the lady moved away before I could stop down the lens completely, which would have probably given the best result.
Later I will post the other takes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the 4 versions. I used the last one because it fit better into the series. In the first ones the background is too blurred for the story, although I probably like better one of the first two aesthetically speaking.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another beautifully done set, Orio, and I can see that this type of open
threatre seems to be quite popular there. The Zeiss are fabulous light
catchers, especially if you're the one using them!

Looking forward to #6! Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Another beautifully done set, Orio, and I can see that this type of open
threatre seems to be quite popular there. The Zeiss are fabulous light
catchers, especially if you're the one using them!

Thanks Smile I think that the four pictures above here are a good example for the versatility of the Distagon 1.4/35. You can use it to effects like those of fast normal lenses, or to obtain long DOF. It is really a versatile tool.

Katastrofo wrote:
Looking forward to #6! Laughing
Bill

Laughing
they require more time as I have to sort them out and see what can be selected

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, very simple, select all in #6 and we will be the judge! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fine set. Of the alternative shots of the lady in the blue top the second one gets my vote

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Orio, very simple, select all in #6 and we will be the judge! Laughing

Laughing
there are too "duplicates" (I mean photos with too similar subject) and also imperfect ones because the dancers were moving fast in unpredictable directions.
I need to make a good selection otherwise it would come out boring.