Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tidal Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Tidal Life Reply with quote

The Olympic wilderness beaches are always interesting for the giant vistas and landscapes; however the more intimate life of the tidal zones is also interesting subject matter.

These are both from the Yashica Mat.

Starfish Bouquet
Yashica Mat (Three stitched images)

Circus Act
Yashica Mat
I liked the graphical nature of the ring of anemones, stood off by the geometrical lines of the bedrock.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only a couple of hours from the shore, but we just don't get that here on the East Coast. In Maryland the tidal shifts are not that great.

I like the starfish shot. The different colored creatures provide some added interest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that first shot is most impressive, nice sewing, too, Larry!

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I like both!!

Me too. Impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, you are definitely a very gifted nature photographer!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Larry is a gifted photographer without any other adjective, he can photograph a trash can and i am sure he will make it look good Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful as always I am really crazy about your pictures!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice colorful result Laurence!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I think Larry is a gifted photographer without any other adjective, he can photograph a trash can and i am sure he will make it look good Smile

I think same..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are superb! Verty impressive stitching too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the starfish Larry, fantastic mixture of natures colours. Not so keen on the second one, was the rock that pinky mauve colour?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘Starfish Bouquet’ is so very well done. You can clearly see the care and attention you have put into making this image and it has paid off.
IMO excellent technically and artistically.
I would have this printed real BIG.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all...your words are an inspiration.

Hacksaw - yes, the color in the rock is true, and is actually caused by a salt-water lichen which tends to grow in patches, and bonds very strongly with the surface of the rock. Sometimes you can see a "trail" through the pink lichen, where a Whelk has scraped through for food. Interestingly, the lichen only grows on metamorphic bedrock; it will not grow on separate boulders.

Rob: I'm not quite "there" yet to print this. I do like the results of the stitching. Hoever, I think I need to somehow "brighten up" this image to try to make it "pop". But sure, in this case I DO have a place on the wall for this -- or should I say my WIFE has the place on the wall for it.... Confused Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Shocked OK everyone stole the superlatives. Great starfish shot!

Laurence wrote:
. . . But sure, in this case I DO have a place on the wall for this -- or should I say my WIFE has the place on the wall for it.... Confused Laughing

Nice to see your wife has good taste like the rest of us Very Happy Laughing Wink

Wives are often our greatest fans, eh?

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry these are just super as always. I hope the tourist office never offers you a job. With images like yours promoting the area, we would have vacationers thick as flies around here Laughing