Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brixellum 2008, part one: the arrival
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Brixellum 2008, part one: the arrival Reply with quote

Here's the first part of the Brixellum series: the arrival in the town of Brescello:

www.oriofoto.net/temp/BRIXELLUM_2008_1_ARRIVAL/index.html

The series consists of seven parts:

1- the arrival
2- at the castrum (military field)
3- the parade
4- noon
5- the theather
6- the ancient dances
7- the battle

Under each photo there is the details of the lens and camera. After, I also placed a note of explanation where needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that your helios have serious flare problem
For me the 35-70 gave better result in this series

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it has. But somehow I like what it did to #6 and #7 Laughing it gives the idea of super hot.
#1 was the worst of those I published, I rescued it with something I usually don't do, i.e. local contrast enhancement. I wanted to keep it because it's the only native old woman that I could find that day.
The Vario-Sonnar is a great lens, I have to give you merit about this, if you haven't insisted on its qualities I would have probably never bought one.
It is really surprising to me how it does not distort in the last image. I am used to zoom doing all sort of bad things to architectural lines. The V-S is incredibly well corrected.