Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax Super Takumar 28/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Pentax Super Takumar 28/3.5 Reply with quote

An old looking bar in Spilamberto (Modena). Shot with Olympus e410 and Pentax Super Takumar 28/3.5 with m42 mount.

Last edited by A G Photography on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, Alessandro! Now there's a Sigma to look for and in M42 mount,
too. Love these street shots, randomness in pose, and the bar looks like
one I'd like to see the interior of, bet it has lots of character.

Thanks for sharing,

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a photo I could take Razz

Jokes aside, nice one, I also photographed bars yesterday, I hoped to find faces like those I remember since I child when I visited there with my father and with Giovannino Guareschi, who was a friend of my family.
Unfortunately, no more characteristic Emilian old men seem to have survived. Now the bars are full of immigrants, and you don't hear the Emilian dialect anymore. Yesterday if I closed my eyes I could imagine to be in Palermo, Sicily. Evil or Very Mad We are really at risk of losing our traditions. If we lose our dialect we lose our identity.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Emilia, but hang out in SF North Beach bars and you will find lots of old Italian fellows.

I've never heard of a Sigma 28/3.5, thats a new one for me. What does it look like ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I don't know about Emilia, but hang out in SF North Beach bars and you will find lots of old Italian fellows.

Luis, I replied to you in a different thread, because I don't want to hijack Alessandro's image thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/cultural-shock-t8098.html#67536

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Yesterday if I closed my eyes I could imagine to be in Palermo, Sicily. Evil or Very Mad We are really at risk of losing our traditions. If we lose our dialect we lose our identity.

Living in a city is harder and harder hearing talking dialect, but as soon as I move out it's pretty usual and I say that often immigrant people from other countries is learning to talk it. It's very funny when a guy coming from Senegal is talking dialect better than me.

I must admit a big error. It wasn't a Sigma the lens I used but a Pentax Super Takumar 28/3.5. But I wasn't entirely wrong because in my bag yesterday I also had a Sigma 28/2.8, this one:

The problems to have too many lenses around Rolling Eyes Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

Living in a city is harder and harder hearing talking dialect, but as soon as I move out it's pretty usual and I say that often immigrant people from other countries is learning to talk it. It's very funny when a guy coming from Senegal is talking dialect better than me.

I know, yesterday the only two people talking with Emilian accent were two completely black boys Very Happy
No really, you sohuld know Brescello is a case apart. It's not normal immigratino there it's that the state put there Ndrangheta bosses and now the city which was one of the symbols of Emilian has become a Calabrian town. I mean just go there and walk the street. It is unbelievable. I am really shocked because I could literally not find *one* emilian amongst those who were not there for the show, and I entered many bars, gelaterie etc. Brescello is the place where you imagine to hear Peppone and Don Camillo speak in front of a glass of lambrusco...

A G Photography wrote:
The problems to have too many lenses around Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Yes, but with digital it's easy and cheap to take note of the lens changes, do like Attila he photographs his feet at every change of lens. Laughing when I am not too lazy (or hurried) I photograph either the lens that I am going to mount, or the one that I have just dismounted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

No really, you sohuld know Brescello is a case apart. It's not normal immigratino there it's that the state put there Ndrangheta bosses and now the city which was one of the symbols of Emilian has become a Calabrian town. I mean just go there and walk the street. It is unbelievable. I am really shocked because I could literally not find *one* emilian amongst those who were not there for the show, and I entered many bars, gelaterie etc. Brescello is the place where you imagine to hear Peppone and Don Camillo speak in front of a glass of lambrusco...

Also in the past centuries there were entire hamlets made up with immigrants. There is still echo of it in the name of the places. The problem with Brescello is that most probable it was choosed because, for what I know, it was becoming less and less populated and it's pretty isolated on the shore of the Po river.
I hope that at least you can fin some calabrian red hot chili salami there! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
The problem with Brescello is that most probable it was choosed because, for what I know, it was becoming less and less populated and it's pretty isolated on the shore of the Po river.

It's more the fact that the state gives a lot of money to the Comuni who accept to take the mafia camorra and ndrangheta bosses. And the politicians who don't give a damn about our land, take it.

We have a similar case here in Salso where the Comune has taken the Russo family of bosses (neapolitan camorra). Luckily we are big enough a town to have them "diluted"... but still they managed to place a bomb under my car in 2004, because of mistaken identity (we lived in the same house and had cars of the same colour) - they wanted to hit a neapolitan who lived in the floor above mine. Useless to say that the poolice was unable to find the author and I had to buy myself another car.

Note that there was a boom that woke up the whole road. People was in the streets, there was the firemen, all around my car. The day after the neapolitan guy talked to me and said he "did not hear". A few days before the event he spoke to me of his intention to buy a house here in Salso. One week after the bomb, as soon as the police stopped interrogating him, he left in a hurry and got back to Naples (this I know from his sister's husband who lives here). He left everything inside the apartment, all the furniture... he did not say a word, just ran away.

As a result of this situation, I had a loss of 7000 thousand Euros because I had to buy another car (used of course).
Note that before they arrived, I could leave the keys in my car all night with the doors open here in Salso, and no one would take it. I did it several times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are a bit more complicated Orio. If there weren't so many white collared people making money in North of Italy with the organized criminality, the problem would have been solved a century ago.

People who make bombs, shot people, etc are the "cannon fodder" of the activity. The real generals are in tidy clean offices moving million of euros every minute through all the financial centers of the World.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's true that politics it's a main problem, when we have a prime minister who hosted a mafia killer in his villa for years and who has a great friend (Dell'Utri) who said that that mafia killer was "a hero" because he was condamned to life detention....

And of course Berlusconi is the main person of those financial lobbies who control Italy...

Still, mafia does not belong to our culture here and I am not happy at all that they transport here whole mafia gangs in the hope to control them better. (ha!)
The result is that they move all their people with them and transport their mafia central here.

Anyway it's not only a matter of politics it's a matter of culture. A child was almost killed (don't know if he died finally) by two open face killers in a little city of Calabria, in front of 500 people. Not a SINGLE ONE of them saw anything:

http://www.repubblica.it/2008/04/sezioni/cronaca/ndrangheta-2/melito-paese/melito-paese.html

So it's not only a problem of corruption, it is that the mafia was born there and is part of their culture.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot - if it wasn't for 'Hello Kitty' it could have been taken anytime in the last few decades.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Great shot - if it wasn't for 'Hello Kitty' it could have been taken anytime in the last few decades.

I was very tempted to clone that "Hello Kitty" out because I couldn't crop it without losing part of the bar insignia (which is the thing that attracted my attention). Orio would have spanked me though Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even notice the "hello kitty! Laughing

Seriously, I am in search of the remaining old osterie because I want to photograph them. I want to make a series of them.
Do you know of any in your area?
I mean, true to the tradition - the occasional hello kitty doesn't matter, but the environment (house) and the main details like the tables etc. are important.

I remember a lot of osterie along the Po when I was a child - unfortunately I don't remember where they were.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some in Bologna downtown but you have to know them well, I remember some also in Modena and Parma.

Problem is time, good street photography takes a lot of time and a free mind, both things that usually don't go together so well with a normal worker man Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
There are some in Bologna downtown but you have to know them well, I remember some also in Modena and Parma.
Problem is time, good street photography takes a lot of time and a free mind, both things that usually don't go together so well with a normal worker man Very Happy

I know Sad
But usually osterie are open on Sunday Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
A G Photography wrote:

I know Sad
But usually osterie are open on Sunday Very Happy

Unfortunately there isn't the same kind of people on Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

I think the everyday clients are still there, but for sure on Sunday tourists will mix in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
A G Photography wrote:

I think the everyday clients are still there, but for sure on Sunday tourists will mix in.

Probably in the small towns, but in Bologna the people is completely different. Unfortunately for me Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

Probably in the small towns, but in Bologna the people is completely different. Unfortunately for me Sad

What is the difference there? Do old people stay at home on Sundays? Here the old people who go to bars to drink the bianchino, always go, even at Christmas! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
A G Photography wrote:

What is the difference there? Do old people stay at home on Sundays? Here the old people who go to bars to drink the bianchino, always go, even at Christmas! Smile

Yep, old people stays at home on sunday and also some of those places are closed on sunday afternoon (some of them also in te morning), there are very little bar open on the sunday afternnon. You also lack a lot of people who work in the other days. I think it's very different in the smaller town.