Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fort Fun (Part I and II) - incl. Action Shots!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Fort Fun (Part I and II) - incl. Action Shots! Reply with quote

Last Tuesday I went on a day-trip with my class to a theme park called Fort Fun. Of course, I brought my gear.

Here are some shots. (Unfortunately, I do not remember all the lenses I have used...)

Overview from a ferris wheel cabin. (EF-S 17-85 IS)

Also taken from a ferris wheel cabin. (EF-S 17-85 IS)

Tokina SZ-X 4-5.3/28-105 SD

Hoya HMC 3.5/25-42 Zoom&Macro

Hoya HMC 3.5/25-42 Zoom&Macro

Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35

Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35

Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35

And the ferris wheel, shot with the Peleng 3.5/8 Fisheye:

(Last one cropped...)

Stay tuned, some action shots will follow...

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a fun place.
My favourite shot are from the Peleng. I love this lens but admit it isn’t often easy to get great shots from it thanks for showing such good examples of what it can do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten

Terrific. What a lens collection you have amassed! and how well you use them

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Elmarit is fabulous! Lovely shots Carsten, we never had any school outings like that! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series
I like the #1 with the nice forest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Rob: Yes, it is a fun place. My students love to go there. It's a typical end-of-term-place. I agree, Rob, the Peleng is great but there are not many occasions you can use it. I was grateful to see this ferris wheel. Wink
@Peter: Indeed. I love this lens!
@Patrick and poilu: Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is part 2.

Three times a day some actors and Spanish divers perform in a "Wild West Show". That was pretty impressive. Normally, I do not like shows like this, but these guys were really fantastic!

Here are some shots. Most of them taken with the EF 17-85, I'm afraid, some with an M42 Sigma 28-85. I really needed zoom lenses here. Embarassed

This guy went down from 25m (!) into a 30m² pool, only 3.5 m deep!!!

And finally, the "human torch".

BTW, I just love my 40D! (The spot metering comes in very handy in some situations.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your Peleng ! Well done.

The fire shots are very impressive, they don't seem at all easy to get right, and you did.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Carsten, nice idea to transform the rollercoaster into a 2001 Space Odyssey feature with the Peleng!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really really nice pictures. I like all of them, it seems like a nice place to go.

.......I think they maybe are a little to the dark side, and ny screen shout be well calibrated.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite is the grouped crates - lovely range of tones.

As to fun - my stomach hit the floor just looking at some of those drops!

I agree with Lahnet, some of them seem a little dark on my screen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, dark for me also - but in the case of the roaller coaster, I like them better dark, it gives mystery and some menacing aura also.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about the dark shots, but...
The ferris wheel and the fire shots are a little too dark on purpose. This intensifies the result I'd like to achieve (as also Orio has pointed out).
The flame of a fire-breather is not as impressive when the photo is not dark enough. The flame needs to "glow".
And look at the sky behind the divers. That was pretty strong back-light ad still the persons are very detailed. I am really happy with these results.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
You're right about the dark shots, but...
The ferris wheel and the fire shots are a little too dark on purpose. This intensifies the result I'd like to achieve (as also Orio has pointed out).
The flame of a fire-breather is not as impressive when the photo is not dark enough. The flame needs to "glow".
And look at the sky behind the divers. That was pretty strong back-light ad still the persons are very detailed. I am really happy with these results.

I agree with Carsten's choices. You surely lose something in detail with dark, but you gain more in atmosphere and after all, fire's the main subject, so i think it deserves the focus (pun intended). Wink