Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A little trip with CZJ 135mm zebra-version from late 60's
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: A little trip with CZJ 135mm zebra-version from late 60's Reply with quote

Ok, had a hard time remembering to push the little aperture-button, so some images were shot wideopen even if I did not intend to Wink I think I have to work on my technique with this lens, images fom other lenses this day was very good but the CZ were uneven, from good to bad.

Images of the lens can be seen in the topic "In a lightten with Helios 44-3". I also tried out some other lenses this day, more images to come with the Meyer Telemegor, which suprised me with high quality.

Edit: oh, yes - all images was processed in Lightroom and Potoshop, mainly exposure/levels and scaling + "smart sharpen".

And the dinner on midsummers eve:
[/b]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series! I really like last one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Excellent series! I really like last one.

Thanks. I can tell you that the food was excellent to eat also Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so , looks good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the low laying fog in picture #1.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Love the low laying fog in picture #1.

Thats not fog, it's the goblins and elfs of the midsummers night, hihi Wink

Seriuosly, I actually had a little scary moment becuase I ride my bicycle and accidently drove into a big family wild boars, which can be quite aggressive when they have kids. Luckily they ran away.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #1 and #5.
Thanks for sharing these Mattias.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite 135mm lens.
I sold the MC version but I kept this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots!

Of course I'm now expecting wild boars shot close up with a wideangle lens Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Haze/mist on #1 and 2. I think it could maybe be brought out more, but don't ask me how.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots. Amazing how much it looks like Tennessee, where I grew up, in the US.

Jules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, its the mist that makes me go out 2 oclock at night Wink

lulalake wrote:
Beautiful shots. Amazing how much it looks like Tennessee, where I grew up, in the US.

Jules

Interesting Smile When I look at the map it could be about the same climate, maybe a little bit warmer. I usually guess we have about the same climate as New York, quite cold winters with snow and warm summers (warmer the latest years), with a bit of difference between north and south of Sweden since we are a long, narrow, banana-shaped Wink country.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
Thanks, its the mist that makes me go out 2 oclock at night Wink

lulalake wrote:

Jules

Interesting Smile When I look at the map it could be about the same climate, maybe a little bit warmer. I usually guess we have about the same climate as New York, quite cold winters with snow and warm summers (warmer the latest years), with a bit of difference between north and south of Sweden since we are a long, narrow, banana-shaped Wink country.

It is not the same climat.
Sweden is situated between 55-67 parallel and the state of New York between 42-45.
The difference is significant.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series
my favorite is the superb #1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My faves are 1,2,7, and 8. Really love the bokeh and comp in that #7!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love the dinner. But a splendid series to highlight this very nice lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

Himself wrote:
It is not the same climat.
Sweden is situated between 55-67 parallel and the state of New York between 42-45. The difference is significant.

You cant just go by parallel, you have to take other thing in account, like the gulfstream and currents. Hm, is this why, when you watch tv and they ask people in America about Sweden, they sometimes think we have polarbears on the streets of Stockholm (which is even to warm for the brownbears)? Wink

In fact, if you only watch parallels, New York is not much (just a bit) further north then Africas northern shore.

If you instead look at the temperatures, New York and Sweden are similar (not the same, but similar).