Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor help please!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Soligor help please! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I know there are some Soligor nuts around so I am hoping someone has information on the lens below.
It's a Soligor 35mm f2.8 Preset lens, the serial number is prefixed with H and it is a 39mm thread mount with no coupling. I can only find info on the 35mm f3.5 in 39mm thread mount. I thank you in anticipation of your as normal informative replies.

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry lads, uploaded same pic twice, here's the front element.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably made by Kawanon. Other than that, it's a Soligor I haven't seen before.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila posted on your lens here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-35mm-f28-pre-set-konica-f-mount-t25024.html

At least I think that might be your lens, or one very close. Attila's mount is different, of course, but that lens in all likelihood features an interchangeable mount. If you scroll down you will see Attila has included a photo of his lens.

Attila also posted here

http://forum.mflenses.com/which-soligor-lenses-are-worth-having-t31463.html#1059633

but reading that might not make you happy. Wink

Of course, if your existing copy of the lens is not to your liking, you always have the option of purchasing a different copy:

Click here to see on Ebay

That lens has your "H" prefix, but the serial number is higher . . so that lens might be newer.

In addition, we have the reference page for your lens, here:

http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/1333-soligor-35mm-f-2-8-22-preset

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, the links are not quite the same, mine has 2 red marks presumably for IR one either side of the f2.8 mark on the aperture ring, not sure why there's 2 but they're there. 8 Blade iris by the way.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore that there's one red line, having a blond moment!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a bit of research and it seems like it maybe a T mount lens. I didn't know but apparantly T mounts were available in M37, M39, M42 and M47, seems the most likely option is that it's M39 T mount lens with no adapter fitted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like yours actually has a t-mount adapter on it.
Try unscrew it. The whole mount ring should unscrew, dont unscrew the little screws, these are just for adjusting alignment and holding the inner and outer rings of the t-mount adapter together.

T-mount proper was and still is an industry standard. On the lens end or accessory end it is M42x.75

There were other interchangable mount systems very similar to the T-mount but these were short-lived systems specific to a single maker. Tokina had 47mm, very early Tamrons M37, Komura M44, etc. The only M39 interchangable mount system I know of were the various slr adapters made for lenses intended for Visoflex type reflex housings made for rangefinder cameras. These are all tele lenses because of the very long Visoflex back focus.

More interesting in your case is why someone would make an M39 T mount, that is M39 on the camera side. All I can think of is for early versions of Soviet Zenit.

Ditto, I think yours is probably a Kawanon, and I wouldnt have great hopes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever boy, Just unscrewed it and it now looks like this! I have a few T mounts lying around somewhere, Will have to have a play with it. I suppose the M39 T mount is probably worth more than the lens Laugh 1 .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know your luck....it might be a gem. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar lens . Mine is a 105mm f2.8 and it is Tokina made with T mount.
It is cute.

a portrait done with this Soligor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever boy, blond lad, the blind squirrel has found his nuts...