Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa color multi-coated 50mm f/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Agfa color multi-coated 50mm f/1.4 Reply with quote

Since i didn't find much info about this lens, here is a little review of my copy.
30 euros including shipping, PK mount, nicely built, smooth focus ring, at f/1.4 soft, but usable, stopped down sharp (no kiddin', hehe), 49mm filter thread. The most important thing is that it's my first f/1.4 lens, so i love it.
Samples, at f/1.4 and f/2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for this nice review! This lens looks to me a Japanese made lens who just labeled to Agfa first one what I seen. I like your samples all of them!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila. Judging by some folks, who have more experience with manual focus lenses than me, it's actually a rebranded Auto Chinon, made by Cosina.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly possible , thanks for extra info.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Alex, camera brand and model with which you took the photos please ?

Nice serie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexaddict wrote:
hello Alex, camera brand and model with which you took the photos please ?

Sorry, i forgot to mention that. Canon 450D.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexthekid wrote:
Thanks, Attila. Judging by some folks, who have more experience with manual focus lenses than me, it's actually a rebranded Auto Chinon, made by Cosina.

Nope. Cosina made PORST REFLEX. They have concave rear in PK mount.

CHINON is a separate branch. CHINONS are true (and only?) descendants of Tomioka's flat rear M42 lenses. Also branded AGFA and REVUENON. PK mounts.

Nice samples!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

CHINONS are true (and only?) descendants of Tomioka's flat rear M42 lenses.

Flat rear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive pictures, I like the portrait a lot. Is that a Zorki in the bokeh ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had multiple copies of this lens (not Agfa branded trough), but Auto Revuenon, Chinon and Cosinon. Not bad lens. Here is my older quick review on 5D http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=38964

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i still have the same looking lens with a chinon multy coated labeling very nice lens

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Is that a Zorki in the bokeh ?

Yes, a Zorki-4k. When i bought a couple of lenses, the Zorki was an add-on in the package. Unused, in mint condition, with that mechanical smell that makes you feel ... funny.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
I had multiple copies of this lens (not Agfa branded trough), but Auto Revuenon, Chinon and Cosinon. Not bad lens. Here is my older quick review on 5D http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=38964

Cosinon Cosina (PORST COLOR REFLEX) in PK isn't flat. It's different lens and different manufacturer.

Besides flat rear there is another distinguishing feature of CHINON compared to COSINA: CHINON's focusing is the smoothest of all lenses i experienced. And that goes all the way back to 55mm M42. COSINA made problematic grease for PK mount lenses. It gets dry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexthekid wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

CHINONS are true (and only?) descendants of Tomioka's flat rear M42 lenses.

Flat rear

Cosina (PORST) has convex rear (i made mistake saying concave). In other words rear element curving out or bulging outward.

I while ago i made comparison of both types here: http://forum.mflenses.com/pk-1-4-50mm-made-by-chinon-or-cosina-t43590.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some weird disturbing bokeh... I like it a lot!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldnt find a differance in bokeh when i tested this lens side by side with a smc tak. thats i thought originally that its design is the same as the tak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexthekid wrote:
Lloydy wrote:
Is that a Zorki in the bokeh ?

Yes, a Zorki-4k. When i bought a couple of lenses, the Zorki was an add-on in the package. Unused, in mint condition, with that mechanical smell that makes you feel ... funny.

I love the smell of Zorki in the morning. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another useless thread!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
Another useless thread!

Why useless? I know the illustrations are lost, but is there really nothing of interest in the text?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Eugen Mezei wrote:
Another useless thread!

Why useless? I know the illustrations are lost, but is there really nothing of interest in the text?

+1.
I generally find data bits served implicitly inside the texts much more valuable than what is simply "shown". Considering most of the photos shared are generally low resolution samples that were cherry picked, subject to many sorts of post processing and carry inherent impacts of the camera; I am more apt to read than to gaze...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sad and furious that images were lost and it feels good someone still digs into pure data. See here for summing up 1.4/50mm Pentax PK complete alternatives comparison:
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-pk-bayonet-1-4-50mm-alternatives-chinon-cosina-ricoh-t60018.html