Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

yashica 45 1.7 from rf sold in leica and sony mount now on e
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: yashica 45 1.7 from rf sold in leica and sony mount now on e Reply with quote

Nice surprise (for whom has the money ..)

Somebody is selling yashinons 45 1.7 taken from rangefinders and remounted in leica M and micro 4/3 and sony E mount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yashica-45-f-1-4-lens-for-micro-4-3-NEX-A7-E-mount-Leica-M/222123181766?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211132617%26meid%3Decf312188ebc4163935d4d269de2f5f6%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D371626817834%26clkid%3D5790771226554238823&_qi=RTM2247626

Rangefinder coupled. Price for the leica mount is not bad after all.

I had seen that the yashica electro lens can be salvaged quite easily from the camera.

he has an interesting store with many goodl old lenses reworked for modern usage

http://stores.ebay.com/rework-lens?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be curious to see if this contraption might work on a reflex, possibly its flange distance might be decent ...

don't bother, lens is some 2cm from the focal plane.

I wonder if adapting is worth the effort since the example pics I saw on flickr seems to be flare prone.

Colors are typically seventies and I really welcomed the zeiss T lenses I bought in the eighties with thei more neutral, contrasty and vivid colors.

But that's a question of tastes, young people seem to appreciate what we found primitive then.... I still remember with horror the colors of the late sixties and seventies, so unnatural, murky, lifeless.

I remember with fondess late kodachrome from the nineties, and the fabulous ektachrome 64 pro I used then, great skin tones, great skies, great reds.

When I see lomographers running to recreate our nightmares i wonder if they everhad a father who took care of them ...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen more cheaper transformations, although they were referred to the 45/1.7. The lenses shown are 45/1.4.

You can have the same excitement and results if you use a single coated Yashica with similar range and opening in M42 mount, and will also be more cheaper. You will obviated (to some extent) defects of the lens when selecting favorable situations.

If someone used a Lynx, Electro35, Minister or similar, I can understand that pay a somewhat higher amount: I can not assess the emotional components or motivation of each person... By the way, I really like that type of transformations Smile

Happy shots!

Last edited by anktonio on Tue May 31, 2016 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a similar experiment with a lens from a Canonet 28, just for fun. Well, the fun was good, so i will be doing some more lenses that come from broken rangefinders in the future. Minolta Hi-Matic 7s and Olympus 35 RC are on the to-do list (if only one had more time....)

Here's a link: http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-40mm-f-2-8-rf-lens-t73332,highlight,%2Bcanon+%2B40mm.html

Cheers, René!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
I did a similar experiment with a lens from a Canonet 28, just for fun. Well, the fun was good, so i will be doing some more lenses that come from broken rangefinders in the future. Minolta Hi-Matic 7s and Olympus 35 RC are on the to-do list (if only one had more time....)

Here's a link: http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-40mm-f-2-8-rf-lens-t73332,highlight,%2Bcanon+%2B40mm.html

Cheers, René!

Whoo Turtle I did not see this at the time... nice transformation and results! Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

micro 4/3 and sony E mount are $250, Leica M rf coupled mount are $550?!

You can buy a Canon 50/1.4 for $250 and it is rangefinder coupled.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
I've seen more cheaper transformations, although they were referred to the 45/1.7. The lenses shown are 45/1.4.

You can have the same excitement and results if you use a single coated Yashica with similar range and opening in M42 mount, and will also be more cheaper. You will obviated (to some extent) defects of the lens when selecting favorable situations.

If someone used a Lynx, Electro35, Minister or similar, I can understand that pay a somewhat higher amount: I can not assess the emotional components or motivation of each person... By the way, I really like that type of transformations Smile

Happy shots!

With the money for a leitz mount fit I would easily buy a nokton 1.4 40mm with modern, sharp lens design, modern flare resistant coating and modern colors as I like.

When I feel like to modfy my images for artistic motivations, I adapt them to my vision with any mean, including some blurring or haze simulation etc.

But I do it starting from textbook images, as my lenses are also for common and documentation photography.

Getting an early sixties lens with adventurous coating would mean to me spending jest trifle money or leaving it alone.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bghomofaber wrote:
I still remember with horror the colors of the late sixties and seventies, so unnatural, murky, lifeless.

I remember with fondess late kodachrome from the nineties, and the fabulous ektachrome 64 pro I used then, great skin tones, great skies, great reds.

When I see lomographers running to recreate our nightmares i wonder if they everhad a father who took care of them ...

Well . . . I don't know what lens/film combos you were using back in the 60s and 70s, but my results with Kodachrome weren't unnatural, murky or lifeless. At least not when I remembered to set the correct exposure. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that other link, I mentioned I bought a Rollei XF 35 with a 40/2.3 lens, well I did transplant it into an SLR Industar 50 with m39 mount, I use it with a LTM to E mount adapter, it's absolutely tiny on my A7r, I still need to fab up a hood to protect the front element.
It's not super sharp wide open(no adjustable aperture) but is still nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
.. nice transformation and results! Like 1

thank you!

Lightshow wrote:
Rollei XF 35 with a 40/2.3 lens, well I did transplant it into an SLR Industar 50 with m39 mount

please, show us some samples!